Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving my youngest back from a friends this morning, and we were behind a vehicle with a license plate that read "9 MPG". A Hummer. We like to guess what people are trying to say with those personalized kind of plates, so I asked him what this one meant.
Kids are pretty smart.

This particular son of mine is eleven, and he said what that guy was trying to tell us is that he is the reason we are at war in Iraq. He's the reason people are dying there. He's the reason terrorists from the Middle East fly planes into our buildings. He's the reason human beings are actually causing a large scale climate shift due to burning too much gas.
Eleven years old.
I told him our car gets about 36 mpg on the highway. He said that's better, cause we can go four times further than the Hummer on the same amount of gas, but we still use too much. I asked him what the solution was. His answer was that gas needs to cost at least $5.00/gallon, like it does in some parts of the world, then people here would be forced to use less. I pointed out there would be huge large scale economic reprecussions if gas was that expensive. He said it doesn't matter, cause it will happen soon anyway.

Kids are pretty smart.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now there is a reason to feel optimistic. Smart bloody smart.
Maybe he could advise the President of yours.
Actually has he time to help me with my assignment? Ill send him the readings and he can let me know when he has it figured out!

love Deb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts