Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear all.
As stated i'm 75% better now after suffering for 3 months due to DMSA heavy metal chelation (stay away from it) and magic mushrooms intoxication, although DP has lingered for almost 20 years. What has helped? Taurine (2x 3mg daily), iodine from kelp (150-300mg), liposomal zinc and liposomal magnesium. I also believe that liposomal alpha lipoic acid is worth trying.

I have GAD1 (rs3749034) mutation, so I'm prone to be deficient in GABA. I also have COMT, MAOA and MTHFR mutations, so I'm prone to be overly stimulated by dopamine and serotonine.

I stronly believe that DP/DR is a type of brain fog or a type of epileptic state, coming from neuroinflammation, autoimmunity and/or disregulated minerals, causing NMDA receptors disregulation (NMDAR), thus causing too much glutamate, which has been confirmed by research (copper could also be the problem but it's not that simple as one can be deficient or overloaded at the same time: α-lipoic acid has the potential to normalize copper metabolism, which is dysregulated in Alzheimer’s disease).

· Registered
512 Posts
Psychedelics are known to be able to cause DPDR, even if it's less common than with weed. So what makes you think that this heavy metal treatment played a role too and that your symptoms were not caused by mushrooms only?
Also three months is a rather typical duration for an episode with spontaneous remission. I mean a lot of people seem to recover after this kind of duration with no particular treatment or method. So what makes you think that taurine, iodine, zinc and magnesium are what helped you? Also did you try them separately or all at once?

· Registered
12 Posts
Psychedelics are known to be able to cause DPDR, even if it's less common than with weed. So what makes you think that this heavy metal treatment played a role too and that your symptoms were not caused by mushrooms only?
Also three months is a rather typical duration for an episode with spontaneous remission. I mean a lot of people seem to recover after this kind of duration with no particular treatment or method. So what makes you think that taurine, iodine, zinc and magnesium are what helped you? Also did you try them separately or all at once?
Chelation did increase DPDR for me as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts