Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all sufferers and healers of DP/DR

I have decided to enter this community and write this post because I am tired. I am tired of looking at myself, my parents, my friends, the world around me, and feel as if I don't recognize them. I do know them, but I don't FEEL them.. I have almost all symptoms of DP/DR, especially the ones regarding sensation function. I feel as if my soul is trapped in my mind, and I am only the observer of my life as if watching it as a movie, my life just passing by in front of my eyes, with me being able to do nothing about it.

It started in a flinch 6 years ago. Many posts I have read here include weed as the trigger. Not mine. At the time I was 17, sitting in class, when I got in a debate with the teacher regarding religious belief (in Islam), belief in Allah (God) and jinn (harmful or nonharmful demons in Islam). He gave numerous examples of people being possessed by jinns, and argued for the existence of God and his such creations. I have always known myself to be a person of spiritual and highly intuitive disposition. Though most of my classmates did not care, I felt a special connection and highly drawn to this conversation. However, during the debate my conscious attitude was a rationalistic one, of science and reason, and I remember myself specifically saying, there is no proof for the existence of God or jinn (possession)! and saying this, I also felt some kind of deep intuitive process inside me (as if intuitively my heart was saying - you don't believe what you're saying, do you?).. I also recall my teacher saying, to those who think like you, the jinn can do nothing.. At some moment during this exchange of ideas, as if an ON/OFF switch, I felt that my soul had left my body. I came home, feeling as if I had died, wrote on a paper, «if something happens to me, it is the jinn ».. I immediately went to sleep. My dream .. I am in my room, barely trying to get out of bed and switch on the light. Barely being able to walk, I switch on the light. At that moment, some invisible entity behind me which I cannot see, wraps his arms around my shoulders, and pulls me down with such uncomparable force that it is impossible to resist. At that moment I wake up in fear and confusion. And I realize some psychic event happened to me during the class, which I can best describe in psychologic terms as depersonalization/derealization disorder. Ever since, I have read extensively on Jungian psychology which brought me insight into terms of the archaic people such as «posession » when unconscious contents (such as demons) act autonomously and overpower the ego, and «loss of soul» where due to rejection of one's unconscious drives or instincts (religious), the person loses his contact with his soul. I am still not sure which one of these two situations best describes me.

During the six years, i believe it is important to note that I have had at times, and have learned to induce what I would best desribe as « repersonalization attacks ». This is a state of mind in which I feel as if I am gaining back my senses, but this is a state of mind difficult to remain in due to the overflow of emotions and energy, so I regress back into my autopilot depersonalized state. However I do force myself to go deeper into this anxious state, but I still did not get that « click » which will put me back into the state i was before dp started.

Any insight into the nature of this problem and path towards treatment will be invaluable for me. Please help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
At

Eldars97

i know what your going through and the thing i did was and yes it gonna be hard but it works;

was to be around the people you love and to let it run it course. I swear its the best thing because for one if you tell them was going on they help you alone the way and make it easier and two if you just let i run it's course then you wont be stressed out everyday cuz it does not go away quickly i had mine for 8 years and it was the worst but; when i just left it alone and didnt think about it i could see that it started to go away

1 - 2 of 2 Posts