Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I contemplated hard on writing here, as not to scare anyone. Yes, I have had dp/DR for 25 years. But I do live a fairly great life! I've raised 3 daughters and now I'm a grandmother, age 50. What brought me here today was just wanting to connect and maybe to see how other people with this are coping.
Honestly, I don't even notice it as much anymore.. and just go about enjoying my life. But, every now and then...I find myself looking outside myself, and grieve. I grieve a world that I have forgotten..I can't recall the crisp colors.. the full embrace of life and all its beauty. It's a dull remembrance. To just touch it again, in all its glory, I would be overjoyed!! So, tonight, I have let myself grieve for it. But tomorrow, I'll just wake up, and go about my day, and be fine..

· Registered
29 Posts
Hello everyone! I contemplated hard on writing here, as not to scare anyone. Yes, I have had dp/DR for 25 years. But I do live a fairly great life! I've raised 3 daughters and now I'm a grandmother, age 50. What brought me here today was just wanting to connect and maybe to see how other people with this are coping.
Honestly, I don't even notice it as much anymore.. and just go about enjoying my life. But, every now and then...I find myself looking outside myself, and grieve. I grieve a world that I have forgotten..I can't recall the crisp colors.. the full embrace of life and all its beauty. It's a dull remembrance. To just touch it again, in all its glory, I would be overjoyed!! So, tonight, I have let myself grieve for it. But tomorrow, I'll just wake up, and go about my day, and be fine..

This brought me to tears. I feel the same. I developed this when I was a teenager and I know how actually feeling alive is. I have a quite happy life, I'm way happier than I used to be and my dreams have come true but it's like I can't fully feel the joy, this feeling of being numb doesn't go away. Hope one day all of us get back the life they had. Much love♥

· Registered
28 Posts
Hello dear,

Reading this also gets me in tears.
I totaly can relate to your story...
I had DP/DR many years ago for I think a couple of months...
Then it suddenly was away for years..
And now after birth from my daughter last year it came back...Having it for monts now...
Numbness, I am somebody else, or like you said the full embrace...
All anxiety, anxiety...
Have you trying stress release? Neck stretches?
Are you having pain in your neck?
Cold showers?
Take care

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.