Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys for literally 2 whole years I have felt neurologically ill. I have felt very spaced out , drunk , slow eyes , heavy eyes, feel drugged up and tired. I have tried 4 different anti depressants , also had CBT from 2 different therapists and every imaginable test which just found my brain waves were a tiny bit slower than normal but was nothing that would cause this.

Is DP triggered by something emotional and the only way you can get out of DP is to try and re live something that started in ? Something traumatic ?

I've tried everything and I'm honestly scared my life is going to consist of waking up , feeling ill and then going to sleep.

Please help me ? I need to here someone positive

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I remember when I was younger it happening to me maybe 5/6 times a year each lasting 2-3 hours then I'd be fine . But in 2015 I had a health scare with my heart, I also had a very ill dad who I lived with , he had to have a liver transplant in the end . Every day me and my sister and mum would get home to him acting drunk , or him collapsed on the floor , or hurling abuse at us because his liver was poising him making him seem drunk. Was a very very stressful time

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try eliminating all possible causes from a medical standpoint such as sluggish thyroid, vitamin deficiency or poor diet.

This means you will have to try to check ur lifestyle.

Are ur meals on time?
Too much junkfood such as fried foods or chips?
Not eating fruits and vegetable?
Meat based and no fish?
Too much fat or sweets?
Imbalanced?

Since i had dp i became more vigilant about my diet such that i only eat things if it makes me feel good and physically energized. So now i eat fish veggies regularly and i can say on most days i have forgotten i have dp coz my mind is busy.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Not to sound too pollyanna but:

My biggest fear when having DP was that I'd be one of those 20 year cases...that I was one of the "special people"...etc

Obsessive-compulsive bullshit.

With so many resources and so many recovery stories and so many others at your disposal via internet, it just doesn't happen like that.

Actually the fear that you'll have it forever is a good thing. That fear will push you to seek out recovery.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hang in there. A few years ago on a night out I was attacked by a man (he tried to rape and kidnap me in his car) I suffered horrendous panic attacks and would sleep at my front door with a knife convinced this man would find me (I was diagnosed with PTSD) one day I woke up with derealazation everyday for six months, I had no fucking idea what was wrong with me & I thought I was going mad, I would cry in hysterics, obsessively google...then one day I woke up and it was like someone had given me my life back on a silver platter....I was normal again. It does go but you must live your life like normal. Depersonalization is triggered when we are faced with situations that are minds precieve as dangerous and dp starts in order to protect us. Are you having anxiety? panic attacks? depression? past issues?

Hope this helps hun. Xxx

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hang in there. A few years ago on a night out I was attacked by a man (he tried to rape and kidnap me in his car) I suffered horrendous panic attacks and would sleep at my front door with a knife convinced this man would find me (I was diagnosed with PTSD) one day I woke up with derealazation everyday for six months, I had no fucking idea what was wrong with me & I thought I was going mad, I would cry in hysterics, obsessively google...then one day I woke up and it was like someone had given me my life back on a silver platter....I was normal again. It does go but you must live your life like normal. Depersonalization is triggered when we are faced with situations that are minds precieve as dangerous and dp starts in order to protect us. Are you having anxiety? panic attacks? depression? past issues?

Hope this helps hun. Xxx
damn, u just woke up one day and it was gone? Ur one of the lucky ones

·
Registered
130 Posts
damn, u just woke up one day and it was gone? Ur one of the lucky ones
Yes, just like that. Same happened to me a few months ago, I woke up and my dp went but a few hours later it came back. The first time I just got on with my life and it just vanished. The theory is when your mind feels like you're safe then it will return to conscience state.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, just like that. Same happened to me a few months ago, I woke up and my dp went but a few hours later it came back. The first time I just got on with my life and it just vanished. The theory is when your mind feels like you're safe then it will return to conscience state.
im jealous of you people, i just got dr after a joint. no panic attacks. im not anxious. im not scared. im the same ive always been, just fucked in the head. i wish it was something related to like stress or anxiety, because then you can just get rid of the anxiety lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you tried 5-HTP?

SSRI's won't help you if your serotonin is low. SSRI's will only get your current serotonin "moving".

This is why i think it's better that people try things that INCREASES your serotonin, such as 5-HTP. Not SSRI's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts