Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just here to add a little hope. I suffered from dpdr for only two and a half months but it was a very extreme. I’m not going to go into details about my symptoms but overall it felt like I had been killed and my soul was sentenced to live out hell in my own dead body. Anyways I was able to come out of it thanks to an SSRI + atypical antipsychotic combo and I have been free of DPDR for two years this month. I hope this may be the sign one of you are looking for and I wish you all good luck

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow, that's great! And I have the same question as above, I would really like to know if you keep taking the medication or if you could stop taking it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one question.. when you are 100% recovered, is it 100% as it was before dp dr ? Because I am nearly fully recovered, but if I eat sweets or if I find myself doing something stressful, I feel a little bit of confusion, not as before, but there is still some confusion and some sensations that I get, like a little bit of dizziness or the feeling that I can t concentrate properly. Do you eat whatever you want whenever you want without having any of those feelings back, not even 1%? Also, when you are stressed, these sensations do not come back?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just here to add a little hope. I suffered from dpdr for only two and a half months but it was a very extreme. I’m not going to go into details about my symptoms but overall it felt like I had been killed and my soul was sentenced to live out hell in my own dead body. Anyways I was able to come out of it thanks to an SSRI + atypical antipsychotic combo and I have been free of DPDR for two years this month. I hope this may be the sign one of you are looking for and I wish you all good luck
Hi Moongirl, may I ask which antipsychotic med it is?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one question.. when you are 100% recovered, is it 100% as it was before dp dr ? Because I am nearly fully recovered, but if I eat sweets or if I find myself doing something stressful, I feel a little bit of confusion, not as before, but there is still some confusion and some sensations that I get, like a little bit of dizziness or the feeling that I can t concentrate properly. Do you eat whatever you want whenever you want without having any of those feelings back, not even 1%? Also, when you are stressed, these sensations do not come back?
I'm someone who recovered - as you are recovering you'll notice that DP will be more present at certain times. But that'll improve overtime as the mind goes back into homeostasis. For me it's been 4 years since being recovered and DP is only present at very very stressful situations. I'm back on this forum since I had a DP experience that lasted 2 days just recently but that was after drinking, coke usage, lack of sleep, etc which reminded me of what I use to describe hell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts