Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
No you are homing in on a very specific case.

OCD is not literally what you have explained nor is Schizophrenia.

OCD can be as simple as having to shut a door twice. Schizophrenia is a totally different thing and nothing to do with DP in reality.

It's like saying I have dyslexia and OCD, one does not follow the other, it's called co morbid. Basically if you have OCD and think you now have Schizophrenia it's not the case they aren't joint. Someone will come in and explain this better. Also the second bit was delusions, not fear.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok wait so I got laced with something else instead of weed , and ever since then I just got a little more careful who I take stuff from and leaving my water out alone around other people I don't know. With people I know I'm fine. So does that count as schizophrenia or am I just being careful ? Bc my friend who's a doctor tells me I'm being paranoid with that thought and that I'm smart I don't take anything from just anyone. But if it's a friend or anything I'm fine.

Although in the beginning when I started talking to my boyfriend I was like this. You never know who I could be talking to you know and he smokes weed too which is a trigger for me I don't smoke anymore since a few years ago. But then after a couple months I started to trust him. So am I wrong ?

Also there was a point when I lived with my mom where if there was open water bottles around and if I didn't know who's it was mine or hers , I wouldn't drink it. Not that I thought she would do anything to it but she started dating guys and like ... idk even though she's my mom I don't wanna drink outta water bottles that had her mouth on it especially bc idk who she went out with. Please lemme know I'm not crazy lol

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Schizophrenia is a very very serious degenerative condition...

If any of us had it we would have been hospitalised very very quickly and treated with some extreme doses of very strong Anti Psychotic drugs...

People who suffer from schizophrenia have serious delusions that they completely and utterly believe to be true...Such as being constantly followed or seeing things and hearing things that arent really there...

Reality testing fails with schizophrenia because the person suffering from it cannot distinguish what is real and what is not...They see and hear things that are not really there and genuinely believe them to be real...They dont DOUBT its not real...They firlmy BELIEVE it

If you are just have constant doubts about what you are seeing and hearing this is different...Thats OCD type fear and obsessing (Sometimes called Pure OCD)...Your reality testing is still in tact in this case...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Being scared we have developed schizophrenia is a classic DP obsessive fear.......We take the all odd symptoms associated with DP and constantly compare them to other much more serious psychological conditions such as schizophrenia or psychosis etc etc...

It is known as Pure OCD....

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Here's a question:

If you had never head the term "schizophrenia" before, would you still fear that you might have it?
No.........You cannot fear something that you are not aware of......(Thats such an existential question btw)

The fear of schizophrenia comes from our peers...Because when we were younger all our friends would label us as "schizo" if we were behaving in any way strange....

Pure stigmatism is where it comes from...Stigmatism creates fear...

Of course most people who label others as "schizo" dont even remotely have an inkling of exactly what schizophrenia is....

How often have you heard "Your a schizo..Youve multiple personaliities" .............This is the biggest load of narrow minded, uneducated, stigmatic, ignorant crap ive ever heard......Its a complete dark age and childish mentality....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts