Solipsism and Coronavirus - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Solipsism and Coronavirus

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:36 PM

Anybody else with Solipsism worry the virus is just a smoke screen to make us appetite life more well I shouldn’t ask is it I should say I think it is. I was watching the news tonight and the tv presenter sound cut out it went to to the report and it came over on tv with a voice over “keep talking” bit suspicious. It was a proper Trueman show moment. I have suspected that nobody exists for quite a while now or I believe people are in on it.

#2 Al_pk

Al_pk

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationExeter, United Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:54 AM

None of your thoughts have any grounding in reality,they're just anxiety talking. Don't lose sight of that or buy into them. You must keep challenging them. When I had solipsism i was into illuminati stuff. It's all bullshit

#3 LizFerret

LizFerret

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:42 PM

Al_pk
Thats interesting, I have never heard of solipcisism before. Gotta read into it more. I personally had almost an obsession with Law of attraktion through out my dp years. I felt like I just had to listen to every video I could find on Youtube.
But once I got my meds, the "obsession" stopped.
It was a relief.

#4 Al_pk

Al_pk

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationExeter, United Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:37 PM

Hi Liz, solipsism is sort of a train of thought where the sufferer can start to doubt if other people exist and you may feel as if you're living in a simulation. It's probably the most common one you'll see

Many obsessions are possible. Mine now is time. Been like this for 2 years, i hope my meds can cure it too

Al

#5 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:26 PM

wat

#6 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 04:43 AM

I was watching the news tonight and the tv presenter sound cut out it went to to the report and it came over on tv with a voice over “keep talking” bit suspicious.

I have absolutely no idea what this sentence is supposed to convey. 

#7 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:37 AM

I have read many posts about it being a hoax and so on. I keep an open mind but want to talk about my personal experience I have suffered anxiety ocd and some solipsism. For some time I have questioned if people existed. Or if the world evolved around only me.

Anyway just before Coronavirus hit I had been moaning about my inability to fly to New York. I had a train trip booked to Europe which I had to cancel but I kept going on about how it wasn’t good enough to only go to Europe and how I felt I needed a world tour but I have a fear of flying. Also I had a night out planned with live music. I had social media anxiety so I worried I couldn’t put it on social media again I moaned for some months. This was also cancelled.

Now things have gone on a while the pub despite others opening has reminded shut. Live music remains banned. Travel is sort of off limits even to Europe with Spain in quarantine from UK.

We have seen many viruses like SARS but none have shut the word down. I have still continued to moan about not getting to NYC and lack of night out. The whole lockdown has gone on longer than planned in scotland things have moved slower.

Anyway my point is early on in the lockdown I wondered if this was all a ploy to make me some how appetite life? A custom path for me to follow? I was suffering bad solispism at that point but it did wear off. Some movies go with the theme everything is preplanned ect no free will. But what if I was the only one who existed and this is just a way to basically annoy me or something?

#8 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1258 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:03 AM

I guess I was lucky.  When my illness struck, the spotlight moved away from me.  I became just a bit actor in a large drama.  I was no longer the star of my own show.  lol

#9 Linn

Linn

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:50 PM

I agree with the person above me. It sounds like you're having a psychotic break and you need help to come back down up from it. Medication is recommended when in active psychosis, antipsychotics have helped me a lot in the past. You don't have to take them for ever, just to get out of your psychotic episode. Talk to someone you know about these thoughts and accept the help they will offer you.

Lastly, try to get as much sleep and rest as possible. Psychosis is very often triggered by lack of sleep.

Take care of yourself.

#10 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:08 PM

I have had psychosis once when I had a breakdown in 2016. I am on medication an antipsychotic med for bipolar so how would I be psychosis I have had these thoughts for years but still go to work go shopping and do normal things. I have had people misdiagnose psychosis many times on here. As I have said I am on medication so how would I be psychosis? People don’t seem to understand I’ve had these though patterns with my ocd for many years.

#11 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

That's typical presentation of psychosis, the unusual voices through the television and the lack of insight about it. I'm always hesitant to recommend psychiatry because of the risks, but you could use some kind of help from another person instead of ruminating about these fears by yourself. Medicine and therapy might help alleviate the hallucinations and fears about supernatural beings.

And what unusual voices I never mentioned unusual voices? If you mean post 1 from March somebody said something on voice over as stated above.

#12 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:16 PM

which antipsychotic are you taking bro ?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users