Is this a symptom of DP/DR too? - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Is this a symptom of DP/DR too?

DP/DR New symptom 24/7 Anxiety

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Num8Freak

Num8Freak

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:39 AM

Hey,

i‘ve been suffering from permanent severe DP/DR since nearly 2 years now. But since i have this disorder, i feel constantly, like i‘m missing something out. Of course because of the intensity of my symptoms, it‘s unfortunately not possble to do things that i loved, like the way i did before. But there is something else, and it's like everything that i‘m intetested in the world is passing by me and i can‘t catch up with it, because i don't even now what and where to start It‘s so weird, i actually can‘t really explain. To all DP/DR sufferers, do you have this "symptom“ too?

#2 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1372 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:56 PM

Ecclesiastes 3:1  "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:"

One definition of serious mental illness could be symptoms that affect your  seasons, and thereby

alter your purpose in life.

#3 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

• DPSH Members
  • 710 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:42 PM

Yes. it is a normal symptom in depersonalization. You can read these quotes by philosopher, Henri-Frédéric Amiel' from 1880. He is the one who came with term depersonalization for his state. 

https://www.dpselfhe...amiels-journal/

#4 Num8Freak

Num8Freak

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 05:16 AM

Yes. it is a normal symptom in depersonalization. You can read these quotes by philosopher, Henri-Frédéric Amiel' from 1880. He is the one who came with term depersonalization for his state. 

https://www.dpselfhe...amiels-journal/

Thanks for the answer. Can you tell me please in which line exactly? Sounds interesting. I thought i was the only one with this weird symptom.

#5 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

• DPSH Members
  • 710 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 13 April 2021 - 07:42 AM

Well, it is a description in a poetic language that nearly half the text.  The clinical term used in depersonalization is "De-affectualisation that is the subjective feeling of not having emotions any more. Things that matters before and affected ones emotions is gone. It is a "depressive-like" state not related to clinical depression. You lose attachment to the world because there is no emotions to it. 

https://www.cambridg...isorder-div.pdf

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DP/DR, New symptom, 24/7, Anxiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users