comfortably numb's Content - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

comfortably numb's Content

There have been 42 items by comfortably numb (Search limited from 15-July 19)

Sort by                Order  

#196804 Taking MOLLY/PURE MDMA With DP??

Posted by comfortably numb on 15 July 2010 - 05:55 PM in Discussion

Pure MDMA could wosen dp/dr or it could have no effect on it at all. It depends on the person really. Sadly i have never had MDMA so i don't know. Plus my dp/dr is in remission these days. Ive tried just about everything at one point besides MDMA actually which is odd.

#196169 Issue with any medication

Posted by comfortably numb on 11 July 2010 - 11:07 AM in Treatment Options

Both nyquil and zyrtec contain anti-histamines. Different formulations of nyquil contain different medications but they all contain doxylamine succinate as the anti-histamine. It is one of the drowsy anti-histamines There are other things in nyquil such as pseudoephedrine a decongestant that is a shitty stimulant that is bad news for alot of people with dp/dr as it causes anxiety that is sometimes rather severe. Other ingrediants are acetaminophen (shouldnt have any effect), phenylephrine is a decongestant that is pretty much useless that was put in to replace pseudoephedrine and is also a shitty stimulant though less likely to cause anxiety and other side effects then pseudoephedrine and alcohol is in most formulations.

Zyrtec is certirizine which is a second generation anti-histamine that only causes very mild drowsiness due to only crossing the blood brain barrier very slightly. But maybe these anti-histamines just don't agree with you? Plus the meds commonly given for dp/dr act differently then anti-histamines. Although certain anti-psychotics seroquel for one and certain anti-depressants remeron (mirtazapine) for one are strong H1 antagonists thus they do have strong anti-histiminic side effects. Drugs such as the benzodiazepines, anti-convulsants, ssri's and many more don't act as anti-histamines at all.

#196168 Medications = drugs

Posted by comfortably numb on 11 July 2010 - 09:38 AM in Treatment Options

Okay old post but i had to chime in on this one. All drugs are chemicals but not all chemicals are drugs. Most do nothing or very little to the CNS.

Also some of the drugs that cause dp/dr in some people can treat it in others. So it's not a one size fits all type of thing when it comes to this. Saying that all drugs are bad is just stupid and ignorant.

#196164 Ultram / Tramadol

Posted by comfortably numb on 11 July 2010 - 08:40 AM in Treatment Options

Okay first off tramadol which is the opioid in ultram, ultracet, tridural, ralivia and others (i just listed off some north american brand names) is not a typical opioid such as codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, hydromorphone, diamorphine aka heroin or fentanyl. It has very weak mu opioid receptor binding but it is also a serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. So it's a SNRI like effexor or cymbalta with a tiny bit of opioid effects.

This means it has potential in treatng depression (it's sometimes prescribed off label for this) but it also means your going to get alot of the same side effects as you do with drugs like effexor. Though i never found it to be as shitty as effexor but the longest ive taken tramadol for is a week tops and even then i might have taken a day off i think. You also have a good chance that you're going to get hit with WORSE withdrawals then coming off oxycodone, morphine, etc since you are going to be going through SNRI withdrawal as well as opioid withdrawal. Though the opioid withdrawal part of it should be milder then coming off oxy, morphine or heroin but this is just a theory based on tramadols mild opioid effects.

The use of opiates/opioids (i don't use the term narcotics as it's not specific to opiates and in case anyone is wondering opiates usually refer to naturally occuring or semi synthetic drugs with opium like effects while opioids refer to fully synthetic drugs with opium like effects) in the treatment of depression or mental disorders in general is far from new. They have been used to treat various mental illnesses as far back as anyone recognized that there was anything wrong with anyone in the head or as we call it today the brain. Most opiates/opioids have some anti-depressant effects since they cause euphoria and a sense of well being. God knows i self medicated enough with them over a long ass period of time to treat my bipolar disorder. The results where umm mixed to say the least :unsure: .

Tramadol could worsen dp/dr more so then your regular old opiates like good ol morphine due to it's SNRI effects. It made me feel really weird, kinda spaced out and nauseous. It also worsened my bipolar disorder due to the SNRI properties as SNRI's or any anti-depressant that touches serotonin make me completely batshit crazy like they do with many people with bipolar disorder. So although it's not my most hated opioid (propoxyphene the stuff in darvon and darvocet takes the prize for that) but it's down there on my list of opioids that i have a liking for. It does absolutly nothing to help my pain at all and it worsens my bipolar disorder so yeah not the drug for me really. Also i can't get high off the shit at all.

A few words of caution about tramadol i thought id go over. Although it's a very hit or miss drug where some people love it and others hate it with a passion the ones that love it seem to REALLY love it. A few people i know that are addicted to it are fanatical about it to the point where they abuse the living shit out of their tramadol prescription and run out then go spend all their cash ordering it off the internet. It must be hard to run out of tramadol and not be able to get your doctor to write you another script since here in canada many doctors don't think twice about giving out loads of the sample packs to you that whatever drug company has pushed on them for no matter what type or severity of pain you have. The drug reps must tell doctors that tramadol is like morphine in it's painkilling abilities with none of the addiction because many of them seem to believe it. Also since tramadol is not a controlled substance doctors don't have to worry about getting in any trouble. So yes it can be rather addictive and i have even heard a few people say that kicking heroin or fentanyl was easier. Yikes.

Also there is the seizure risk associated with tramadol especially when you get to the 400mg a day mark. So if you are prone to seizures at all or are tapering off a benzodiazepine or a drug from any class of anti-convulsants or have just stopped one this drug is not for you. Also if you are on any drugs that also lower the seizure threshold such as wellbutrin (bupropion), most anti-psychotics both typical and atypical, tricyclic anti-depressants as well as many other drugs that i can't be bothered to list here or can't remember off the top of my head tramadol may not be for you. It lowers the seizure threshold especially above the 400mg a day mark but this does not stop some people from going over the 400mg a day mark and risking tonic clonic seizures.

There is also the risk of serotonin syndrome when taken with other serotonic drugs such as SSRI's, SNRI's, most tricyclics, MAOI's (amoung the other risks of taking it with MAOI's), atypical anti-depressants such as trazadone, mirtazapine, etc, dextromethorphan and i think MDMA as well. Im not sure about the interactions with MDMA but i certainly wouldnt mix the 2.

Im not saying this is a bad drug but it's just not for me. It may help some people with dp/dr but like with any other drug it will make other people worse. Thats just the luck of the draw really and not taking that risk means not trying any medications which could very well mean a lifetime of untreated dp/dr. So this drug like any other has it's risks and also has it's benefits.

Another opioid that is used off label for treating depression is buprenorphine. It's the opioid in suboxone and subutex that is used in treating opioid addiction and is quickly becoming the drug of choice in opioid mateniance programs atleast in the US. They are the same drug except suboxone has naloxone in it and subutex does not so it gives doctors the idea that it can't be abused IV. When in fact buprenorphine has a strong enough binding affinity to the mu receptor that it overrides the naloxone thus suboxone is fucking pointless except for getting doctors to write out scripts easier.

Im not telling anyone not to use tramadol to treat dp/dr, depression or anything else i just believe in people making informed decisions before they go taking any medications.

It seems like it would just be like something that would sedate the living hell out of you. I dunno. And like a replacement for Benzos.

I as well as many other people i know get a odd stimulant effect from it not sedation but many people do get a sedative effect from it. Also tramadol is nothing like benzodiazepines much less a replacement for them. I never found any opiate/opioid to be as good at treating my dp/dr, brain fog and anxiety as clonazepam is.

Wow that was long :blink: . Props to anyone that read all that!

#196163 benodryl

Posted by comfortably numb on 11 July 2010 - 06:41 AM in Treatment Options

Yeah I believe it has both from what i've read. Anti-Histamine and Narcotic. I thought it was just some sort of Codiene he gave me. I didn't even take the full dose, but later that night my hands felt disconnected from my body and I had a really strange experience while trying to go to sleep like I was moving forward and back pretty fast (not too unlike being drunk and closing your eyes and having things feel like they are spinning).

Not that DP/DR wasn't already being triggered by other factors or anything. There was a lot going on at the time that was causing stress.

Hydrocodone can cause drowsiness, euphoria, CNS depression, constipation, sweating, etc. So the same damn side effects that all typical opiates/opioids cause to some degree. A person not used to opiates might say it feels somewhat like being drunk since that is all they have to relate it to. Though opiates feel nothing like being drunk and about the only effects alcohol shares with opiates is CNS depression and euphoria. But alcohol gives a much shittier dirtier high in my opioion then opiates do.

Chlorpheniramine like alot of anti-histamines can potentiate some of the effects of the hydrocodone especially drowsiness and overall CNS depression. Though other anti-histamines such as diphenhydramine (benadryl) and dimenhydrinate ( dramamine,gravol) work much better for this purpose. Id say the chlorpheniramine is what caused the distressing effects that you had unless you just don't like feeling altered then both of the drugs in the cough medicine would do it.

By the way there is only one form of codeine and yes codeine is a specific chemical that is a opiate which are classified as narcotics. Though the term narcotic is kinda useless these days since the government includes even cannabis, amphetamines and certain psychedelics as "narcotics" :rolleyes: . Hydrocodone is stronger then codeine but weaker then oxycodone so it's a opiate thats for pain that isint too severe.

Though it's prescribed for really severe pain in the US since vicodin, loratab and norco (all these contain both hydrocodone and acetaminophen/paracetamol in different doses) are all in schedule 3 so doctors can prescribe them much much easier and with less fear of being arrested then they can schedule 2's like oxycodone, morphine, hydromorphone or even pure codeine with no acetaminophen/paracetamol or aspirin in it :angry: . Now isint that fucked that a drug like codeine in pure form is considered to have a higher abuse potential due to the fact that you can take more without shredding your liver due to the acetaminophen/paracetamol (same drug it's just called paracetamol in most other places then north america. I call it APAP for short and thats the usual abreviation) or causing a ulcer or hemorrhaging due to aspirin. It just goes to show that the government especially in the US could care less about our health but may god help us if we try and get high :rolleyes:

Sorry bout the rant but ive had too much coffee.

#196101 DP + Marijuana. Some questions...

Posted by comfortably numb on 10 July 2010 - 02:07 PM in Discussion

Are you insane. I made the mistake of messing with the stuff when I was young and I'm still paying the price. I still can't believe what I actually done, it feels like it was a different person. How can you miss something that will funk your head up and give you lung cancer?

Some people just like the effects of cannabis and there have been numerous studies done that say it actually has anti-cancer properties. And if you don't trust the studies eat it or get a vaporizer.

If you think thats insane you should see the list of drugs ive done. Now they will funk your head up good and proper :wacko:

#196100 Anyone with medical knowledge? Felt like I'm rushing for 6 weeks =/

Posted by comfortably numb on 10 July 2010 - 02:03 PM in Mental & Physical Health

While we´re on the subject, can you explain to me how I lost the sense of touch this one time when I smoked weed Comfortably Numb? I still had motor functions, like I could open a door, But I was watching my hands do it, I couldnt feel it. PCP laced weed?

EDIT: Ok I just read your take on PCP-weed so thats probably not it :) Im thinking it was a temporary psychosis or just simply CNS-depression. Or even very low blood sugar.

Ive actually had that before during full blown panic attacks and honestly i have no idea what could cause it. Maybe really fast heart rate since people i know who have had heart problems have reported the same thing. But this is just a wild guess so don't take it as truth.

Some drugs will stay in your system quite long. Not that you'd still be high or wasted but it might still be affecting your body (e.g. with DP/anxiety) Try and keep calm, take it easy and eat healthy. Like you would getting over a hangover I know even weed takes ages to clear out of your system completely. I am sure google knows more on drug half life.

Yes some drugs do stay in your system a long time but they are not active for the whole time they are in your body. THC can stay in your body for as long as a month but it's not active. Hell diazepam has a maximum half life of 200 hours but it's effects generally don't last any longer then 6 hours.

Half life does not equal how long a drugs effects last. Though it can be a good indicator with some substances.

#195183 DP + Marijuana. Some questions...

Posted by comfortably numb on 03 July 2010 - 03:54 PM in Discussion

Sometimes cannabis just turns on people ive noticed this alot actually as people my age get older. It used to just make them happy and everything when they where younger but now it makes them edgy. So i would say not to risk it if your getting better.

Im glad that i can still smoke the stuff 24/7 and have no return of dp/dr or brain fog symptoms :D

#195179 Anyone with medical knowledge? Felt like I'm rushing for 6 weeks =/

Posted by comfortably numb on 03 July 2010 - 03:48 PM in Mental & Physical Health

Don't take unknown substances it's not a good rule. This sounds like it was brought on by a panic attack and there is no drug that lasts anywhere near that long.

I OD'd on pot brownies

No you didnt you just ate too many of them. You can't actually OD on cannabis it's impossible. You might get too stoned to the point where you start to freak but no you won't OD. Nothing that chilling in a quiet room listening to music wouldnt help or if needed a fast acting benzodiazepine.

#195178 OMG I LOVE ATIVAN

Posted by comfortably numb on 03 July 2010 - 03:43 PM in Treatment Options

When i started on clonazepam my anxiety totally went away within a day. However it took maybe a week for the dp/dr and brain fog to go fully into remission. Ive been on it 5 years and it still works as good as it ever did.

There is a reason why they are Schedule IV and Schedule III narcotics

Yes there is a perfectly good reason why they are controlled substances. It's because some asshole somewhere along the way decided to get it into their head that they could infringe on peoples civil liberties by telling them what they could and couldnt put into their body.

Not that benzodiazepines are a very abused group of drugs at all really. Well with the exception of temazepam which is widely abused all over the planet but thats not a benzodiazepine used for anxiety.

#192470 DP versus hallucinogenic flashback

Posted by comfortably numb on 14 June 2010 - 02:33 PM in Discussion

When in the name of fuck will people realize that the whole PCP laced weed thing is 99% myth! It makes no fucking sense at all and ive never even known anyone to get weed laced with PCP let alone gotten it myself which is saying alot considering the huge amounts of weed i smoked over the years and how many potheads ive known. I have had weed mixed with PCP but this was because i specifically went out to buy some and asked for the stuff. It was more expensive then weed and they sure as hell where not giving it away for free. Dealers are out to make a profit plain and simple so they arent going to give you a drug like PCP for free when they can sell it seperatly and make way more money.

Also a single dose of PCP is very unlikely to cause any long lasting problems at all. It's not the demon drug that the media made it out to be in the 70's and 80's but i find it to be highely unpleasant to say the least. I may have liked it in lower doses as out of all the dissociatives ive tried PCP was the only one i didnt like. So all it is really is another dissociative. It's effects are alot more like DXM then ketamine for me atleast because ketamine does not have that "dirty" feeling that PCP and DXM have. Probably because it is more selective then either of those i think.

If i didnt know first hand that doctors where so stupid and ignorant id hardly believe that a doctor would say that. Also light sensitivity is a very common symptom of dp/dr. I myself had it.

#192461 benodryl

Posted by comfortably numb on 14 June 2010 - 01:25 PM in Treatment Options

Diphenhydramine the anti-histamine in benadryl (get generic diphenhydramine with nothing else in it if your using it for sleep or whatever) is a H1 antagonist like the anti-depressant remeron (mirtazapine) and the atyipical anti-psychotic seroquel. Those are 2 popular psychiatric medications that are really strong H1 antagonists. Hence the severe drowsiness of these 2 meds. However the anti-depressant effects of remeron and the anti-psychotic effects of seroquel have nothing at all to do with the anti-histamine effects. These are just side effects though in the case of seroquel it's a useful side effect as it makes for a pretty good sleeping pill for some people.

Diphenhydramine is also a anti-cholinergic and can worsen dp/dr so becareful. However if it's helping id say take it. Just don't go over the recomended dose as this will likely cause more then a few unwanted side effects, could possibly make your dp/dr much worse, cause memory loss and it can even cause full blown delerium in high enough doses.

I had the flu and took Tussionex for Cough. It has antihistamine in it

Actually tussionex has hydrocodone in it which is a opiate used as a cough suppressant. It's the same opiate that is in vicodin and loratab. The american version also has the anti-histamine chlorpheniramine in it which has pretty much the same side effects as diphenhydramine. I seriously doubt that hydrocodone caused dp/dr so more then likely chlorpheniramine was what caused it. Chlorpheniramine just like diphenhydramine can cause anxiety and dp/dr in some people and worsen dp/dr. I assume this was prescription cough medicine and you arent just getting the spelling wrong on some other type of cough med are you?

Before i got my dp/dr, brain fog and anxiety treated anti-histamines would make it worse. More then a few times i got full blown panic attacks from certain anti-histamines.

#192127 What about weed in ultra-small doses?

Posted by comfortably numb on 12 June 2010 - 11:45 AM in Discussion

Even contact high was enough to send me into a bad trip.

There is no such thing as a contact "high" but there is a such thing as anxiety caused by expectations of something bad happening which is what more then likely happened in your case.

To the OP: Unless you smoke weed already don't bother. Some people just don't react good to cannabis and thats that so if you didnt in the past i doubt you will now.

I believe anyone suffering, or that has suffered in the past from DP, should completely eliminate the use of any drug

This is not always the case and has never been a problem for me. I smoke weed on a almost daily basis sometimes and my dp/dr and brain fog has not returned at all. I also use more then a few other drugs and did during the worst periods of my dp/dr and brain fog without making it worse. Hell cannabis especially certain strains seemed to make it better.

I am not endorsing weed as a treatment for dp/dr by the way but this was just my own personal experience.

#192109 DOPAMINE

Posted by comfortably numb on 12 June 2010 - 06:07 AM in Discussion

A psychiatrist I´ve spoken to actually wants me to take this drug for dp/dr Flupentixol also called Depixol and Fluanxol. It is a *typical* first generation anti-psychotic with some supposed antidepressive traits. When he first mentioned this I could not believe what I was hearing. I mean, most people know that antipsychotics lower dopamine and generally lower frontal lobe activity, cognition and perception etc. Any thoughts on this? Am I wrong? I am sure if I took this shit I would go crazy.

Personally i wouldnt touch that drug with a 10 foot pole. But thats just me. However unless youve tried the usual atypical anti-psychotics and atleast one of the less harsh typical anti-psychotics such as loxapine i could not in good faith recomend this drug at all.

Also despite what people are saying i am pretty sure there isint a whole lot if any evidence to suggest that cannabis has much of a effect on dopamine at all. Even if it does it certainly does not fit the profile of a dopaminic drug such as cocaine, amphetamines or even alcohol does. It certainly does not cause dopamine depletion like the various amphetamines do as you don't feel like a complete sack of shit or go completely psychotic after giving up cannabis. Not that i think cannabis has any real withdrawal effect to begin with. But thats just my opinion there.

I have said this in the past and i will say it again i don't think dp/dr is caused by 1 neurotransmitter run amok. I don't think it's that simple or there would be alot higher success rates with the medications that are already in use. Depression and other mental illnesses even schizophrenia arent as simple as 1 neurotransmitter not working right so why should dp/dr be any different?

I havent been doing a whole lot of reasearch on the subject lately as ive been too busy with other things to really keep up on this. So take my advice with a grain of salt.

#192108 Olanzapine

Posted by comfortably numb on 12 June 2010 - 05:42 AM in Treatment Options

That information is dangerous and incorrect. Severe withdrawal symptoms from atypical antipsychotics are well documented, and I have experienced them myself.

The only withdrawal symptoms i have heard of are the returning of previous mental conditions or the worsing of the same conditions upon sudden withdrawal of the anti-psychotic. That and some other symptoms such as insomnia which seems to especially affect people who take seroquel and suddenly stop. With older anti-psychotics such as chlorpromazine withdrawal symptoms such as nausea and vomiting can sometimes occur with sudden withdrawal. But this has to do with the strong anti-emetic action of some of these drugs and it doesent happen to alot of people at all.

What withdrawal symptoms did you experience may i ask? Also what specifically where you taking them for?

I also read that you can go into psychosis from the withdrawl which really scares me

This again only seems to happen if a person is suffering from schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder or any other illness that can cause psychosis. It's a worsening of symptoms upon abrupt withdrawal of the medication.

Ive been taking various atypical anti-psychotics including risperidone (risperdal), quetiapine (seroquel) and olanzapine (zyprexa) for about 4 years now. I have taken them at high doses for months on end and have sometimes stopped cold turkey. The only withdrawal symptom i have ever noticed is a return of the original symptoms.

I would highely advise against going off any psychiatric medication without doing a proper taper though.

#191843 DOPAMINE

Posted by comfortably numb on 10 June 2010 - 05:20 AM in Discussion

Im not sure about the whole dopamine hypothosis on dp/dr as i havent read enough about it to make a opinion really. I have noticed that dopaminic drugs such as dextroamphetamine and cocaine (good cocaine) take my anxiety away though. I don't get dp/dr anymore atleast not in the true sense. I do feel unreal sometimes but this is due to bipolar disorder which is a complete bitch to treat :angry:

#191842 Olanzapine

Posted by comfortably numb on 10 June 2010 - 05:13 AM in Treatment Options

Zyprexa is just a atypical anti-psychotic and it does not have any withdrawal syndrome of it's own. However if you have schizophrenia or bipolar disorder going off it too fast could cause your symptoms to come back worse for awile.

#191841 Anastesia, SOMEONE HELP

Posted by comfortably numb on 10 June 2010 - 05:12 AM in Treatment Options

Holy shit CN havent seen you on the forum since... ever. You´ve had a rival called Absentis on here, If you and him banged your heads together you would probably cure DP/DR and Cancer.

Well ive been up to alot the past year or so and havent had much time to come on here. Plus dp/dr is not really a issue for me anymore as it seems to be completely gone. This is despite the huge quantity of psychedelics, cannabis and amphetamines i have taken over the past year :unsure: . So yeah the clonazepam is still working wonders for me.

I have read some of absentis posts before and he is one smart cookie. Maybe we should put our heads together and try to figure out treatments for people with dp/dr that are rather medication resistant. Although to be perfectly honest i think curing some cancers would probably be much easier.

#191274 Anastesia, SOMEONE HELP

Posted by comfortably numb on 04 June 2010 - 03:08 PM in Treatment Options

You have nothing to worry about. Anesthesiologists know their stuff and are very used to dealing with all sorts of people. Many people are on high doses of benzodiazepines and opiates at the same time and get surgery done everyday so they are used to seing people with high tolerances to the drugs they use.

For getting a colonoscopy you would just be given midazolam more then likely or sometimes fentanyl. I think they very rarely use fentanyl though and just go with straight midazolam. You arent always knocked out but you won't remember most of what happened and you usually won't be in pain because you are so messed up.

For the operation you are getting they will knock you out though. Probably with a strong opioid suck as fentanyl with midazolam and a knock out anesthic. Sorry im too lazy too look up the spelling of them right now -_- . But don't worry theyve seen people with alot higher tolerances then you and those people get put under.

Don't worry about it but make sure they know what meds your on and what dose as well.

#188221 Psychedelic trips aid anxiety treatments in study

Posted by comfortably numb on 27 April 2010 - 04:06 PM in Discussion

I have to say LSD and psilocybin and even ketamine has helped my anxiety and depression quite abit over the years. Ketamine is a totally different drug then LSd of psilocybin it's a dissociative anesthetic but has psychedelic properties to it. But dissociative totally different then shrooms.

#180530 What is better for DR emergency : anti-psychotics or benzos?

Posted by comfortably numb on 18 January 2010 - 04:13 PM in DPSelfhelp.com Member Polls

In a emergency a benzo is the best option. Preferably a reasonably fast acting one such as valium or lorazepam. Both of those benzodiazepines can also be given IV or IM which will work even faster.

#180528 Best anti-psychotic drug?

Posted by comfortably numb on 18 January 2010 - 03:58 PM in Discussion

There is no best in either case. I know people with depersonalization, and various disorders that can cause psychosis as well as bipolar disorder and no one medication works for anyone.

Many people find that seroquel is a good med but it's nowhere near strong enough to help my bipolar disorder. So zyprexa works the best for me but since my drug plan does not cover it i take risperidone. That works pretty good most days.

#177539 ok wtf

Posted by comfortably numb on 07 December 2009 - 08:30 PM in Treatment Options

A infection can have neurological side efffects actually. A person of my aquintence had a impacted tooth and seemed totally out of it while the infection was severe. This person had taken 150mg's of demerol throughout the day but i have seen this person take much more and not even look drowsy. So it wasent that plus demerol is super short acting.

Can you go to a free clinic or something like that? Atleast go and get it checked out to see if it is infected or not and if it is get a anti-biotic. Though anti-biotics can cause dp/dr like symptoms too it's a hell of alot better then a severe infection. And yes infections especially in the mouth are very dangerous.

#177479 Smoking Pot after you have DP?

Posted by comfortably numb on 07 December 2009 - 10:15 AM in Discussion

I can smoke loads of weed in the run of a day and it does not make me feel weird at all it just makes me really mellow. No return of dp/dr at all. Also it seems to kill my anxiety better sometimes then clonazepam and helps me sleep more then any sleeping pill ever could.

Shrooms also don't bring back my dp/dr at all either. But alcohol does abit so go figure. Probably because it is just neurotoxic garbage.

#172642 Effexor XR+ Tegretol?

Posted by comfortably numb on 09 October 2009 - 10:53 PM in Treatment Options

You have to get blood tests done for tegretol to test your blood levels as well as other things like you do with lithium and valproates. Just not quite as often i don't think. So you should always start off low with this med as it can get toxic and mess up your liver and kidneys. Also you have to get your white blood cell count done every now and then because it's a very rare side effect where tegretol can lower white blood cells and platelet levels.