Rozanne's Content - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Rozanne's Content

There have been 4 items by Rozanne (Search limited from 16-July 19)

Sort by                Order  

#185573 Buddhism in Norfolk, UK, invite to depersonalised folks

Posted by Rozanne on 28 March 2010 - 05:53 AM in Discussion

Hello,

I live in Norfolk, UK, and I'm thinking of starting a Buddhist group up on the North Norfolk coast, studying the teachings of the Buddha, and going for refuge in the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. It will be a support group for people who take the Buddhas teachings seriously and wish to live according to his recommendations to "live a life unfettered and free from remorse".

If anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected]

Yours truely
Rozanne

#179964 why you care about how people view you

Posted by Rozanne on 11 January 2010 - 06:29 AM in Discussion

Self-image is a problem for me and the more I look into it, the more I come to believe that body-image is at the core of relationships, and emotional processing, for without body-image, what can have compassion for what? I think that everyone who is born is given an "earth body", and of course, these come in all kinds of shapes, sizes, have different things happen to them, and so on. But there is something similar in all of the bodies: they are subject to death and have the appearance of that which gives us compassion for others.

the thoughts we have effect our consciousness (Byron Katie, Almaas, that's not my theory, but that's what I believe)
the further your self-image goes away from seeing yourself like others: physically existent, etc
the more distorted your feelings about yourself
the less you can function emotionally

If we make sub-egos up about our earth body - and I think that clinging to the idea "I'm clever" is just a subset of this, the less insight we have into where we fit in, and how to relate to our own suffering.

#165163 Volunteering in North Wales

Posted by Rozanne on 16 June 2009 - 07:04 AM in Discussion

Hi,
I went wwoofing last year. It's volunteering, outdoors, eating good, often organic food, being around people who are cool etc!

Have just asked Darren, Lyndsey and Jimmy if they would like to give that a go this year?

Basically, I've been thinking for a while it would be interesting to have a meet there since it is a very healthy and healing place and very creative and spiritual as well.

If you are interested, try and contact me on Facebook.
I don't want to share my last name on dpselfhelp.

Everyone above has me added as a friend so you'll be able to find me on their profile, if I'm not added to yours already.
Yours sincerely
Rozanne

#157145 Does DP fragment your sense of personal history?

Posted by Rozanne on 03 April 2009 - 07:44 AM in Discussion

yes

i haven't felt like myself for several years.

the good thing about identity fragmentation is that it breaks through the illusion of control.
the bad thing is i get depressed when i can't remember things and feel i can't fit into the pace of society anymore.

my mind processes require effort. nevertheless other parts of my mind have developed greatly, like the ability to debate and think things through logically.