Not sure if this makes you feel any better, but I know people who have schizophrenia/psychosis combined with other things. My exes mum had it and she's just a regular person like you, you know, and she's able to do anything any other human would be able to do. I know it's not like that for everyone who has schizophrenia related issues, but just know that even if you do get it, it's not game over, far from it. Having any mental illness is not fun, but it's just the way it is, worrying about getting it isn't going to make it more or less likely to happen so just live your life and if anything is preventing you from doing so, try to deal with it as best you can, and the best way you can do with this situation in specific I believe is to know the facts and move on. The facts are everywhere on the internet, there's a 1% percent chance that a person will develop schizophrenia in their lifetime so there's a 99% chance you won't. I know its scary, and I've thought similar thoughts, and still do, but if you honestly just look at it logically, you don't have anything to worry about unless it presents itself. You don't have it by the way, based on the symptoms you mentioned. Hope you get better from this, I know how hard it is sometimes
Hey. I have reported similar things before, I know, but this time I want to try to explain my problem using an example. For example, I walk through the train station and see a man. I think then “this is god” but that thought doesn’t really come on but it’s more like I think that myself compulsively although I am 100 percent aware that this person is not god or something. every time something like this happens, I think of a psychosis that slowly begins and that throws me from the whole concept to accept the anxiety and classify the dpdr as harmless. a second problem are noises. 90% of the noises (the most intense are passing cars and construction site noises) sound very distorted to that pulls me much more out of the sense of reality than the optical problems. When I let myself in on noise, I feel like I’m in the wrong film. It’s very hard to explain. I’m very afraid of a psychosis. I just don’t fucking want it. with the dpdr I can be satisfied and do so my whole life long. But I don’t want a fucking psychosis.
- James_80 likes this