no effect from psychopharmaka or sleeping associated psychopharmakas - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

no effect from psychopharmaka or sleeping associated psychopharmakas

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 08:21 AM

After one year of my disorder i got no effect anymore from psychopharmakas or sleeping associated drugs. Especially the fact of no effect from sleeping drugs is a riddle for me.

Have anyone of you this psychopharmaka resistance and/ or has somebody a explanation for this or what i can do to change that fact (treatment) ?

If anybody can give me a reply, i am very grateful because not to sleep is so excruciating...i need really help

#2 Where

Where

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Moderators
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:49 PM

Did your prescriber have anything to say about it? Do you have any way to research this, maybe through academic portals?

#3 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:48 PM

Yes i spoke to psychiatrists and a sleep expert, but both said, say didnt saw that before and dont know what to do. strong drugs like Propofol wont prescribed.

#4 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:16 PM

I don`t known if this anti-depressent is on the german market. Some searches says it is. It should be used in depressed states with insomnia and should be more potent on depression as it is a TCA than most anti-depressents that is not very usefull in major depression with somatic symptoms. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxepin

#5 Where

Where

• Moderators
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:27 PM

both said, say didnt saw that before and dont know what to do.

Wow. That's surprising, to me at least.

#6 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:38 AM

thanks for reply.

But that is my problem, that i tried all the common antidepressants associated with improvement in sleeping or to get tired. it doesnt work in my case anymore. it seems that i am in constant husy state. Maybe it has to do with my depression/dp, because my inner body processes in general are very low, Another reason maybe is that i tried so many meds so that my brain shutted down...but that only speculations...

maybe you have other explanations...

Or i can find here someone you has it in a similar way....

#7 Where

Where

• Moderators
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:02 AM

I figure some people are just resistant or have unexpected reactions to medication. It can't be totally unheard of. When I was getting psychiatric treatment, I met a lot of other patients, and I'm sure at least one of them said drugs with antihistamine effect didn't noticeably help them sleep. Some of the drugs have stronger antihistamine effect than others. There's also more medication options to help people fall asleep besides antidepressants with antihistamine effects. Seroquel and ambien are kind of frowned upon, but I have a feeling they would at least have a small effect on sleep. I take melatonin and, while it doesn't put me to sleep immediately, it does seem to prevent my sleep schedule from shifting.

#8 forestx5

forestx5

• DPSH Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:14 PM

I once went 53 days without real sleep.  During that period, I took 2  doses of chloral hydrate and woke up 1.5 hours later. My pdoc was unable to help me until I read a library book on insomnia which suggested I try Amitriptyline (aka Elavil).

Amitriptyline is a Tricyclic Antidepressant which has a hypnotic effect.  A dosage for depression might be 250=300mg.  I took 150mg and had my first full nights sleep in over 50 days.  That silly old medicine saved my life.  I was able to reduce that dose to 75mg and still find the

sleep window.  During another episode of major depression with insomnia, I found relief with the antipsychotic Seroquel.  I took a dose of 75mg and it also facilitated sleep.  Somehow, it did so without making my mind feel tired, but it made

my body feel very tired. I remember taking it he first night and waking up 1.5 hours later thinking...that's it.  I won't be able to fall back asleep as I don't feel tired at all.  Next thing I know, it's 8:30am as I had slept through the night. That too was a miracle for me.

I took the meds until my mind learned how to sleep again.  It is very important to get recuperative rest, when struggling with a mental illness such as major depression.  Don't take the attitude that you have tried everything and nothing works,

when it isn't true.  Insomnia is very destructive to your physical health.  I underwent 5 heart bypasses in my 40s, and I partly attribute my heart disease to the stress of 4 episodes of major depression, and insomnia and anxiety both increase the risk of

suicide by a factor of 5, according to medical studies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users