DP DR existential thoughts. Help me - Introduce Yourself - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

DP DR existential thoughts. Help me

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Himjyoti Dutta

Himjyoti Dutta

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:45 PM

Hi my name is Himjyoti Dutta. A victim of major Anxiety sensation depression DP/DR for the last 5 years. I have recovered from my anxiety and depression. I believe im at the last stage of DPDR. And I have never faced anything like this before. With These existential thoughts i would gladly take back my anxiety journey. This is hell..i mean if something worse than death is there then it would have been these existential thoughts. For me it goes like this, a thought pops up and then WHAT IS A THOUGHT???WHAT IS A MIND??HOW CAN I HEAR MY OWN THOUGHTS??HOW AM I AWARE OF MY THOUGHT??ARE THESE MY THOUGHTS???IF I CAN THINK OF A THOUGHT DOES IT MEAN ITS A THOUGHT TOO??WHATS A HUMAN??HOW AM I HUMAN HOW CAN I TALK and the loop goes on...People who have recovered completely..Please help me with this...I have a very strong will power and inner strength which kept me strong trhoughout my anxiety journey and I have recovered 80prcnt. but i dont want to give up at this point. I know I can recover 100prct...but at the moment...its like demonic amd living hell...please help

#2 AnnaGiulia

AnnaGiulia

Regular Contributor

• Moderators
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 03:56 PM

Hey Himjyoti Dutta,

It is admirable that you have been able to deal with depression and anxiety so far.

I think that a lot of people here can identify with what you are saying about your symptoms.

I hope that you will find the support that you are looking for here...sometimes even reaching out or sharing some of the things that you are dealing with helps.

See you around,

A.

#3 Himjyoti Dutta

Himjyoti Dutta

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:07 PM

Hi Anna Thank you very much for your response. Would you guide me to any topic on this forum related to this? Or the correct therapy or treatment for this. It would be really helpful Thanks a lot.

#4 AnnaGiulia

AnnaGiulia

Regular Contributor

• Moderators
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 01:55 AM

Hey Himjyoti,

There is a lot of personal testimonies here, and the liveliest section is "Discussion" at the page "Forums". Perhaps reading some of them could help you make more sense of your experience. I know it helped me.

This is just one example of a thread within the Discussion section,

https://www.dpselfhe...ion#entry604764

As far as the right therapy goes, different people have different opinions on that, and even though we share some (or a lot of) symptoms, the causes for the onset of DPDR can vary, and some of us have other underlying or accompanying problems. It all has to be taken into consideration when deciding about the type of therapy.

I personally benefited from CBT in combination with meds, but it helped me mostly with the accompanying depression and anxiety (panic attacks). I was still DPd, even when the therapy was over. When I reached the limits of therapy (and I have to emphasize that I could not deal with some of the stuff that I faced without that kind of support), I tried whatever I could: healthy lifestyle, exchange and communication with other people, journaling, taking on some work assignments, as much as I felt capable of...

However, we are all different in regard to what helps, and particularly when it comes to therapy, so talking to a healthcare professional about the options for treatment would probably be best.

Take care,

A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users