Do we exist in other universes/future? - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Do we exist in other universes/future?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:20 AM

A psychic predicted Coronavirus. Does this mean the future exists and I am living in 2030, 2040 so my life has already happened or is this far fetched? If fits in with my preplanned thoughts or life controlled idea. But if they can predict the future how else can they do it?

#2 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1253 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:18 AM

Predicting a likely future outcome doesn't require psychic abilities.  A pandemic has been forecast since the previous pandemic.  Mother nature is constantly mutating her viruses, looking for the right combination to check and balance the populations of earth's inhabitants.

The density of human life in urban centers makes mankind extremely vulnerable to respiratory contagions, and infectious disease experts have been warning of an outbreak for many years.  But, who pays attention?  Certainly not politicians and public officials responnsible

for public health and safety.  They spent the budget on salaries and travel expenses, and there is no PPE in the cupboard.

Back in 500 BC, Pythagoras declared that the earth was round. 2520 years later, people flock to international flat earth conventions. They are "waking up" to the fact that science is too complicated for them.

Over the 84 generations since Pythagoras, the average individual seems to have become less intelligent. The Kruger-Dunning effect says that unintelligent people lack the intelligence to recognize their stupidity.

You can bundle up all the conspirators, the anti-vaxxers, the flat earthers, the 2A crowd, etc., and bundle them into a political entity and you have your explanation

for the current political climate in the United States.  Lack of intelligence and the inability to recognize one's own shortcomings, leads to insecurity and the

willingness to adopt unfounded beliefs, while accusing someone else of controlling you through their hidden agenda.

And none of this means your government doesn't lie to you, because they do.  My advice is to have faith, but don't place it in Jim Jones, or Alex Jones.

Put it in the descendants of Pythagoras, because Intelligence is a hereditary trait.

#3 badsidejoe

badsidejoe

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:24 AM

Science predicted the outbreak of another Coronavirus. There are papers from 2007 stating that a new form of SARS-CoV is believed to break out in the near future. Nothing special about this. It seems like your thoughts got you obsessing over those deep themes like no free will and existential stuff like that and every sign which feeds into those theories is a proof for your obsessive thoughts to be true, at least for yourself. Accept these thoughts, agree with them(this doesn't mean that they are really true) and let go this bogus.
I know how hard this existential ruminating is. I've had and have sometimes problems with the concept of solipsism, much like you I guess(I saw a lot of your posts about this specific topic). Remember that this stuff is basically all the same. It doesn't matter what your recent obsession revolves around. Don't go do deep into stuff like that. It isn't worth your time Phil.
All the best.

@forestx5: haven't seen your response. Sorry for double posting.

#4 Al_pk

Al_pk

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationExeter, United Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2020 - 06:45 PM

I don't know about time. I've had very strange experiences with time but none of them have ever enabled me to bend and traverse time outside the normal timeline. I sometimes wonder about time, and the same things that you are thinking about. But I think no. Things are not preplanned, the present moment is all that exists. That is the true nature of the universe. I will say though, that some people have exceptional foresight and abilities of that nature. I do not know what it is, but it's something

#5 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:07 AM

Things are not preplanned, the present moment is all that exists. That is the true nature of the universe.

As far as I know, the block universe model is the widely accepted one in physics. The past, present, and future all equally exist at the same time. 

#6 Where

Where

• Moderators
  • 701 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:35 AM

Epidemiologists and virologists also predicted coronavirus. But even if psychic powers were real, which they aren't, that doesn't necessitate more illogical things.

#7 forestx5

forestx5

• DPSH Members
  • 1253 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:30 PM

As far as I know, the block universe model is the widely accepted one in physics. The past, present, and future all equally exist at the same time. 

Jump to search

According to the growing block universe theory of time (or the growing block view), the past and present exist while the future does not.

Eternalism is the theory that past, present, and future exist at the same time.

Personally, I haven't seen evidence for any of it. 

#8 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 02:13 AM

Jump to search

According to the growing block universe theory of time (or the growing block view), the past and present exist while the future does not.

Eternalism is the theory that past, present, and future exist at the same time.

Personally, I haven't seen evidence for any of it. 

I'm aware. Growing block universe and block universe are not the same. Eternalism is also known as the "block universe theory". 

#9 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 02:42 PM

38572773xu.jpg

#10 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 04:52 PM

38572773xu.jpg

Does this depict the block universe? 

#11 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:51 PM

Does this depict the block universe?

I dont know what the block universe even is . I am trying to get more stupid day by day

#12 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:14 PM

I am trying to get more stupid day by day

That's pretty original. Usually people try to do the opposite. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users