Getting note from doctor for depersonalization - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Jump to content

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.


Getting note from doctor for depersonalization

  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KittyMrow123



  • DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:24 PM

Hey guys I recently discovered I had DP last year when I had a panic attack and always felt really weird.


My DP gets really bad when I get anxiety, When I get really stressed out if I smoke some weed I feel a lot better and it all melts away.


I would like to apply for medical marijuana, I live in Pennsylvania.


I read online it's not possible for a doctor to prove you have depersonalization, But I need a note from them proving my disorder.


Does anyone recommend anything I could do to get a note from my doctor?


Thanks a lot and stay DP free!

#2 Mayer-Gross


    Regular Contributor

  • DPSH Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:13 PM

You have to be seen by a psychiatrist to get the diagnosis of depersonalisation. But, still here might there be a problem. Most psychiatrists knows about depersonalisation and derealisation as a symptom secondary to a disorder like anxiety, depression. Many of them are not aware of it being a disorder in its own right where there is not symptom it is secondary to. When it is the case it is called depersonalisation disorder in it primary form. There is no indication that medical marijuana can help on the symptoms. 

#3 forestx5


    Senior Member

  • DPSH Members
  • 1248 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:28 PM

Getting approved for medical marijuana in Pennsylvania is a bit more complicated than taking a sick day from school.

This link is to the list of illnesses that qualify for a medical marijuana ID Card if your physician will certify.

Anxiety disorders is your best bet.

#4 KittyMrow123



  • DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:25 PM

Thanks a lot for the information I've known I've had DP for 2 years now I didn't know I needed to see a psychiatrist.


It's very hard to diagnose i've just been eating well and exercising to handle anxiety.

#5 Where


    Senior Member

  • Moderators
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 01:18 PM

If you can't get a license for depersonalization, maybe try getting one for anxiety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users