I have a question for the people who are recovering/recovered - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

I have a question for the people who are recovering/recovered

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Certainconsequence

Certainconsequence

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 09:56 AM

So, a few days ago I had a vivid dream where my sense of reality was back and I felt every single thing by the campfire, and it kind of like shocked my body. Now whenever I wake up I have anxiety for like 2 or 3 minutes and then I'm kinda happy throughout the day. Are these signs of recovery or am I just in a good mood lately?

#2 Phantasm

Phantasm

Janitor

• Moderators
  • 887 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:02 PM

Yep, definite signs of recovery :)

There's a saying that when will and imagination are in conflict imagination always wins. Further, using force of will can create a sense of deficit. That you're dreaming of being well is good. You can reinforce this with suggestions like, "how does it feel being fully recovered?" For me, asking questions about what it feels like to have no problems works best as direction to the subconscious, and I think it needs it because it's very direct. We maintain states by dwelling on them obsessively, so let's pick a good one.

Dream well :) 

#3 Certainconsequence

Certainconsequence

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:20 PM

I still feel really dped but it feels, different I guess? I dont really feel attached to who I used to be and whenever I think back I get sad, will that go away when this goes away or is that completely different?

#4 Phantasm

Phantasm

Janitor

• Moderators
  • 887 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:59 PM

https://www.dpselfhe...at-tedxrainier/

#5 Certainconsequence

Certainconsequence

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:52 PM

Thank you for sharing that. That calmed me down some.

#6 Certainconsequence

Certainconsequence

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:17 PM

Update: I woke up this morning feeling frustrated, I guess that's a start!

#7 LizFerret

LizFerret

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:07 AM

So, a few days ago I had a vivid dream where my sense of reality was back and I felt every single thing by the campfire, and it kind of like shocked my body. Now whenever I wake up I have anxiety for like 2 or 3 minutes and then I'm kinda happy throughout the day. Are these signs of recovery or am I just in a good mood lately?

#8 LizFerret

LizFerret

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:10 AM

For sure. You are getting better!
For me, recovery came with a rollercoaster of flashbacks of moments when I was completely dissociated and moments of calm satisfaction. It is still an up and down road, but my down feels always better than the down that was before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users