My story of cures and relapses, what helped and what didn't. - Page 2 - Introduce Yourself - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

My story of cures and relapses, what helped and what didn't.

alcohol weed prozac cure relapse

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#13 bryaan989

bryaan989

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:22 PM

This is my third episode. I was fine for 3.5 years. Now I have relapsed (due to stress) and have depression, anxiety. I doubt I will make it out of this one. I'm questioning everything. 

#14 Purplepurplegreen

Purplepurplegreen

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:43 PM

Grateful to have browsed this site today. I’ve been dealing with DP/DR for a number of years now and always felt odd how little mention there is of alcohol as a trigger. Weed was my initial trigger but since abstaining from marijuana the only trigger I have is alcohol and I’ve gone through enough trial and error in my drinking experiences that I’ve found a tipping point in the number of drinks that send me into a DP spiral. For me, if I were to have anything over 5 Budweiser type beers I will get thrown into an 8 day intense DP experience. The oddity is that if I stay below that magic number I don’t seem to get any intensity of symptoms. There’s clearly a brain mechanism at play here that we must have similar machinery for. Although many people on this site share similar symptoms, I think there are all sorts of different clusters of ways in which they get to that point. In terms of developing a better understanding of this I think it’s critical that the most similar of cases collaborate in ways to drill down on what might be going on biologically. My hope would be to gather a sampling of people with alcohol as a major trigger and see if there’s a way for us to contribute to a research community that has the background to study this type of thing and maybe uncover clues on just what the he’ll is going on

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alcohol, weed, prozac, cure, relapse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users