A message in regard to our current situation - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

A message in regard to our current situation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 willbarwa

willbarwa

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:57 PM

---------------WARNING !!!----------------

THIS POST MAY TRIGGER DP OR MAKE YOU FEEL UNEASY.

As I'm sure many of you have heard on the news, it seems that our society and people at large are downspiraling into utter confusing and panic due to the ongoing global threat of thid novel virus. The media by far has only excarbetated people's worries and fears. With no concrete asnwers and no real solution, we are left guessing and questioning everything. Im not sure how long this national quarantine will last for. It may be weeks or months. Already there are huge tidal effects brewing under this whole crisis. When all said is done, there will be a great reverberation. O fear the economy may not recover ever again.

But what I worry most is you guys here. My DP dissappeared around 8 months ago but with everything that is going on I feel a slight change in my perception again. It's as if my mind is trying to leave to lala land again because it's having a hard time coming to terms with this new stark reality.

For everyone that suffers with this DP, I hope these current events will not make it worse for you. You gotta stay positive. I'm not sure how this affects longtime DP sufferers bit I'm sure it's not pretty.

All.i can say, now it's a good time to eat healthy, exercise, and sleep right.

#2 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1253 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:35 PM

Think of it like a stock market correction, only in this case it has to do with population.  There are actually several good things which could come of this pandemic.  The air is cleaner today than when this started.  I see less contrails in the sky.

Less jet fuel is being expended. I used to work for a local fortune 500 that routinely sends a dozen employees to Europe every week.  Why? Can't they teleconference? Is the business they are conducting so confidential that it has to be done orally

in a confined room? They probably do this in a crony capitalistic threesome with the airlines and Congress.  If they patronize the airlines, they get government contracts, and everyone is happy.  Why shouldn't we be able to vote from home?  Take the census from home? 

Take the majority of school classes at home?  Why do we use education resources for day care and cafeteria services?  The US is letting people out of jails.  Maybe they shouldn't  be there in the first place? Maybe Americans will stop giving their

government money for promises of defense, when it is obvious those funds are being used for offense, and when defense is necessary, there is nothing to defend with.  DP sufferers excel at social distancing. 

This pandemic should pose no real threat.  This pandemic has extended the life  of US social security by a decade so far. The roads will be safer without octogenarians falling asleep at the wheel. 

In any event, get used to it.  Enemies of Western Powers have viable grievances to resolve, and now that they see the underbelly of their foe, pandemics will be more frequent. That might actually result in a more peaceful planet.

If the bully knows he is going to get punched in the nose, he might just stop bullying his neighbors.

#3 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:07 PM

O fear the economy may not recover ever again.

Good, maybe that will slow down the insane consumerism. 

#4 willbarwa

willbarwa

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:22 PM

You make very good points. I always think back to what Agent Smith said to Morpheus while he was tied up waiting to be rescued by Neo: "Humans are the virus". Soemtoems it feels like our entire history has been nothing but calamity and violence in exchange for a brief moment of peace in time. Even then in those peaceful times there exist corruption and violence. We exterminate ourselves only to realize we are all neighbors and then again -- once we are tired of being content with one another -- we destroy each other again, moving from one place to another demolishing and tearing apart tribes, homes ,etc.

Think of it like a stock market correction, only in this case it has to do with population. There are actually several good things which could come of this pandemic. The air is cleaner today than when this started. I see less contrails in the sky.
Less jet fuel is being expended. I used to work for a local fortune 500 that routinely sends a dozen employees to Europe every week. Why? Can't they teleconference? Is the business they are conducting so confidential that it has to be done orally
in a confined room? They probably do this in a crony capitalistic threesome with the airlines and Congress. If they patronize the airlines, they get government contracts, and everyone is happy. Why shouldn't we be able to vote from home? Take the census from home?
Take the majority of school classes at home? Why do we use education resources for day care and cafeteria services? The US is letting people out of jails. Maybe they shouldn't be there in the first place? Maybe Americans will stop giving their
government money for promises of defense, when it is obvious those funds are being used for offense, and when defense is necessary, there is nothing to defend with. DP sufferers excel at social distancing.
This pandemic should pose no real threat. This pandemic has extended the life of US social security by a decade so far. The roads will be safer without octogenarians falling asleep at the wheel.
In any event, get used to it. Enemies of Western Powers have viable grievances to resolve, and now that they see the underbelly of their foe, pandemics will be more frequent. That might actually result in a more peaceful planet.
If the bully knows he is going to get punched in the nose, he might just stop bullying his neighbors.

#5 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1253 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:51 PM

A friend gave me the book "The Conflict of Zion".  The conflict has been ongoing to the times before Christ.  Christ gave the world the opportunity for everyone to share in one god, a loving god who taught his followers to love their enemies.

Of course, the Zionists wanted their own god who, if they followed his law, would destroy their enemies and enslave them.  So, Jesus got crucified and the Zionists and their wars are still with us today. The US claims a Judeo-Christian heritage,

which allows them to swing both ways.  A lot of US citizens are live and let live Christians, but quite a few Christians are the dog eat dog variety and the fact that the US has over 800 military bases outside the continental US and has been at

war for the majority of my 65 years, tells the story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users