Solipsism and Coronavirus - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Solipsism and Coronavirus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:36 PM

Anybody else with Solipsism worry the virus is just a smoke screen to make us appetite life more well I shouldn’t ask is it I should say I think it is. I was watching the news tonight and the tv presenter sound cut out it went to to the report and it came over on tv with a voice over “keep talking” bit suspicious. It was a proper Trueman show moment. I have suspected that nobody exists for quite a while now or I believe people are in on it.

#2 Al_pk

Al_pk

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationExeter, United Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:54 AM

None of your thoughts have any grounding in reality,they're just anxiety talking. Don't lose sight of that or buy into them. You must keep challenging them. When I had solipsism i was into illuminati stuff. It's all bullshit

#3 LizFerret

LizFerret

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:42 PM

Al_pk
Thats interesting, I have never heard of solipcisism before. Gotta read into it more. I personally had almost an obsession with Law of attraktion through out my dp years. I felt like I just had to listen to every video I could find on Youtube.
But once I got my meds, the "obsession" stopped.
It was a relief.

#4 Al_pk

Al_pk

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationExeter, United Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:37 PM

Hi Liz, solipsism is sort of a train of thought where the sufferer can start to doubt if other people exist and you may feel as if you're living in a simulation. It's probably the most common one you'll see

Many obsessions are possible. Mine now is time. Been like this for 2 years, i hope my meds can cure it too

Al

#5 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:26 PM

wat

#6 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 04:43 AM

I was watching the news tonight and the tv presenter sound cut out it went to to the report and it came over on tv with a voice over “keep talking” bit suspicious.

I have absolutely no idea what this sentence is supposed to convey. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users