"Experiencing Derealization while Living with Complex PTSD (Dissociation)." Special Books by Special Kids. - Depersonalization & Media - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

"Experiencing Derealization while Living with Complex PTSD (Dissociation)." Special Books by Special Kids.

SBDK Special Books by Special Kids dissociation derealization ptsd cptsd c-ptsd special youtube trauma

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Where

Where

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Moderators
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:10 PM

"Luna is diagnosed with Complex PTSD (C_PTSD). Throughout her life she has felt outside of her body and not human. After seeking help Luna’s therapist explained that this is known as derealization and sometimes occurs in people who have faced trauma. Luna is now ready to share her story with the world but fears many won’t believe her."

https://m.youtube.co...WgxuyYaDPo&t=0s

#2 AnnaGiulia

AnnaGiulia

Regular Contributor

• Moderators
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:19 AM

I can relate basically to everything this girl said, except for crying, hugging and being nostalgic.

I pretty much do not cry, I do not really express any of my hurt, as I intellectualize everything. I cried my heart out only when I had to put my cat to sleep, as she was in final stage of incurable illness, and she was my grounding pal.

When I am acutely DP, I cannot stand anyone to touch me. I twitch as if any touch is electrifying, and I cannot stand it.

And I hate nostalgia, as I understand it as longing for some projection of reality, and not reality per se, and that is what I have been fighting my whole life - my desperate longing to have things about me be better than they were, when I was a child.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SBDK, Special Books by Special Kids, dissociation, derealization, ptsd, cptsd, c-ptsd, special, youtube, trauma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users