Is anyone seeing alot of floaters? - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Is anyone seeing alot of floaters?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#13 curiousmind

curiousmind

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:45 PM

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think a 100% distinction between psychological and neurological health problems is good. It makes sense to study people who had DP triggered by anxiety or unknown causes as a unique group separate from those who had it triggered by migraine or epilepsy, at least when it comes to treatment, but that's not to say their DP is 100% different.

Their DPD isnt different. But the way you treat it certainly is. 

#14 curiousmind

curiousmind

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:28 PM

Yeah. So how much research is devoted to figuring out what these disorders actually are, versus developing treatments? 

To be able to develop effective treatment you need to know what the disorder i. rTMS seems to be a potentially effective treatment for DPD and is under trialing currently, it definitely seems most promising. 

Is it true that schizophrenia is still not understood?

I don't know anything about schizophrenia, but mental health problems are generally not well understood. 

#15 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1284 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:59 AM

The underlying point of my thread - "but mental health problems are generally not well understood."  The uncertainty/confusion has not precluded the mental health industry from publishing V DSM manuals of dubious value, (except for

insurance billing purposes.)  ,or precluded the pharmacological industry from marketing billions of dollars worth of drugs that provide 5% more relief than placebo.  Being a mental health expert is a bit of an oxymoron. 

We might close this thread with the following for emphasis:

"mental health problems are generally not well understood."

and when they are, we'll have appropriate diagnosis and treatments that work.

#16 Cotillion

Cotillion

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 107 posts
  • Location.eu

Posted 05 February 2020 - 07:32 AM

I'm seeing things better lately, but there is an excess of floaters that concerns me.
I have heard that Floaters are a symptom of anxiety but I'm not sure. 

Does anyone get a lot of floaters?

Thanks,
Santi 

Yes, don't worry about it. It's an extremely common symptom of anxiety and depersonalization. I started seeing them when dp hit me and I've noticed it getting better when my anxiety goes down. 

#17 LRD123

LRD123

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:06 PM

Yes. I had my eyes checked in August with only a slight change to my perscription but a massive change in the way I see.. (at least 10 floaters, tunnel vision, blurry vision, fuzzy, visual snow..) 

#18 Findyourself1997

Findyourself1997

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 12:50 PM

This is exactly my point though... Your condition's symptoms were accurately outlined in the British Neurological Journal, and once you found the name of your condition, you were able to treat it at its root and all the symptoms related to that condition disappeared. So yes, it was a "matter of your skin colour". 

If your condition is really DPDR then your symptom clusters must match the criteria for this particular disorder. If you have other symptoms as well, then you are experiencing comorbidity, or otherwise another condition where emotional numbing or feelings of unreality are symptoms(usually other neurological conditions). But if you have an accurate diagnosis of DPDR, then the following applies to you. The definition of Depersonalization-Derealization Disorder is clearly outlined by the professionals (and well accepted by now), why would us laymen have the authority to claim otherwise and say "but I also experience back pain and stomach cramps"? You may experience visual snow syndrome and tinnitus and visual floaters long after your DPDR (emotional numbing and multisensory disintegration) dissipates.

And to my understanding this is a DPDR forum, not one for rare epileptic syndrome comorbid with recurrent major depression. 

What do you mean you may experience floaters "long"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users