Fully recovered- EVERYONE CAN - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Fully recovered- EVERYONE CAN

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Manz556

Manz556

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:36 PM

to whoever is reading this, I just want you to know that even if you don’t believe it right now, I can guarantee that you will get 100% better. I suffered from severe DP and depression after a breakup with my 5 year boyfriend and I genuinely thought I was going crazy and my life was over. I would have continuos repetitive ‘crazy’ thoughts about whether I was real or if the world around me was real and therefore as a result, If the people who were telling me I would get better we’re even real/valid people to listen to. The fact is, you just have to embrace this current state that ur in because that is the key to overcoming it. Give yourself a goal of 5 days in which you promise not to come on these forums and do activities with ur friends and families - you will instantly start to feel better. There is no point in going over and over the DP thoughts - that’s all they are, they are THOUGHTS the equivalent of you thinking you want a burger for lunch is the equivalent of you thinking a DP thought. It’s not that deep. You got this and please write for any advice or help needed. NO DOUBT YOU WILL OVERCOME THIS !

#2 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:21 AM

Lol. How long did you experience dp/dr?

#3 Cali123

Cali123

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:42 PM

I disagree that it’s just thoughts. I can go days without thinking about it, I can go months without coming on this site but I physically know it’s there. Dp isn’t just a thought, it’s physical symptoms for some. But glad your doing well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users