Has anyone tried sessions with Ben Meijer? - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Has anyone tried sessions with Ben Meijer?

Ben Meijer Therapist Treatment Psychologist Help Questions Online

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ChadTheDeviant

ChadTheDeviant

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:00 PM

So I just recently came across a website by a therapist in the Netherlands by the name of Ben Meijer. He claims to specialize in the treatment of DP/DR as he had it between the ages of 5-25 years of age. Since 2012 he says he’s specifically tailored his practice to treating victims of DP/DR. I’ve called him and scheduled an appointment for next week. I just wanted to know if anyone has heard of him or had success with him as I’m surprised I couldn’t find anything about him in these forums.

#2 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:03 PM

I have spoken to people who went to him, I live in The Netherlands myself. I have spoken to Ben, he knows his stuff but I think he underestimates the severity of some people with dp/dr. The people I have spoken to reported some benefit for a brief moment after leaving his office. He is very expensive 93 euro for one hour. He uses EFT (tapping). And I have never seen anyone who really came forward and said this man cured me. You would think that atleast someone would say this. I don't entirely trust that man. But give it a shot. Let us know.

#3 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:05 PM

Also on top of that, he claimes to cure people not even in person. But he can also cure you through Skype. Which is bogus to me haha.

#4 ChadTheDeviant

ChadTheDeviant

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:24 PM

Well, I will be attempting over Skype. I’m really hoping it works. I’ll try to remember to come back in and post how it went. But I’m incredibly desperate. I need to get back out there and start working. Just had a baby right before this hit (I think the baby was the trigger).

#5 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:13 PM

Good luck man, keep us updated.

#6 NomdeGuerra

NomdeGuerra

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:24 PM

I’m from Holland also..

Ben Meijer is a fucking joker. A scam. Please don’t believe his fairytails, he only wants your money.

#7 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:06 PM

I’m from Holland also..

Ben Meijer is a fucking joker. A scam. Please don’t believe his fairytails, he only wants your money.

Did you had any sessions with him?

#8 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:13 AM

I have spoken to people who went to him, I live in The Netherlands myself. I have spoken to Ben, he knows his stuff but I think he underestimates the severity of some people with dp/dr. The people I have spoken to reported some benefit for a brief moment after leaving his office. He is very expensive 93 euro for one hour. He uses EFT (tapping). And I have never seen anyone who really came forward and said this man cured me. You would think that atleast someone would say this. I don't entirely trust that man. But give it a shot. Let us know.

Classic therapist...

You feel lifetd for half an hour or an hour upon leaving then hey presto DP comes crawling back...

Therapy is 50 minutes of distraction from DP...Gives you a temporary lift...And then thats it you are back at square one again...

Ive never ever met a Therapist who can "CURE" DP....Most of them dont even know what it is let alone how to treat it....

Therapy is fine for everyday life issues to get stuff off your chest but when it comes to treating things as severe as DP or serious depression etc it doesnt even scrape the surface....

But thats just my experience

#9 eddy1886

eddy1886

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:17 AM

I’m from Holland also..

This is most therapists unfortunately...

100 euros an hour so you can rant for 50 minutes....

Therapists cannot cure clinical (chemical based) psychological illnesses...

Unfortunately they make people believe they can...

#10 eddy1886

eddy1886

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:20 AM

In fact if therapy can cure DP why are there  ZERO reports or posts about it on this website...

Ive been here along time and have never ever seen a posiitve post about therapy "CURING" DP

#11 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:16 AM

Classic therapist...

You feel lifetd for half an hour or an hour upon leaving then hey presto DP comes crawling back...

Therapy is 50 minutes of distraction from DP...Gives you a temporary lift...And then thats it you are back at square one again...

Ive never ever met a Therapist who can "CURE" DP....Most of them dont even know what it is let alone how to treat it....

Therapy is fine for everyday life issues to get stuff off your chest but when it comes to treating things as severe as DP or serious depression etc it doesnt even scrape the surface....

But thats just my experience

Unfortunately, I have to agree with a full 100% on this. I have been going to therapy for the past few months once a week. While the therapist is a very nice person, and really tries her best to give me some great advice about  life in general rather than really how to conquer dp/dr. Just because she and I don't know how to battle it. It does feel somewhat nice to talk to a person for one hour a week but that's it, it has not done anything in regards of my dp/dr to be honest I got worse, and no not because of the therapy but just because for me it gets worse with time. She also can't try things like EMDR because I am not able to acces my memory or have any feelings towards "traumatic" events. As soon as I leave her office it just feels like I have never ever been in there. And life is just the same as before, for me my only hope is medication only then the layer of severe dp/dr can be lifted. And then therapy could do something.

#12 freewilly

freewilly

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:47 AM

Did you had any good experience so far with ben Meijer? 

I have visited him twice 2 years ago. What I found weird was that he had no interest in my background. He just wanted to start off telling about his miraculous path towards becoming a healer, and then we started tapping. He just scratched the surface of my emotions and I could not feel anything practicing 2 months.

I have more intensively tried Frank Godschalk, also in the Netherlands. He is more sensitive and his TRE approach is not farfetched.

The biggest breakthrough I had with voice therapy with a guy named Henk Kooij. But this only worked on Efexor. When he recommended me to come off it (after 15 years) I became emotionless and untreatable.

Now in Colombia i´m seeing one of the biggest names in field, Mauricio Sierra Siegert who treated over 4000 dp patients in London. Informally he recommends many clients to start AYAHUASCA (He does not make a secret out of it). Ive done a 100 sessions so far. I ve seen how this magical medicine can cure probably a huge portion of us sufferers. For some 10 sessions could be enough, but ive been a 20+ years sufferer, so the trauma becomes more rigid and harder to treat. But hey it is the first treatment ive experienced where it confronts me with my unconsciously imposed barriers and it shows me a way to fight, heal and overcome!

I got DR from anxiety from skydiving 120 jumps at 16 and the heaviest of DP from space cake at 19. I was the last to think psychedelics would be the cure, now after many treatments and several antidepressants I believe it is the biggest hope for true healing for long term DP sufferers.

Wishing you the strength to overcome your own barriers and fears.

Willem

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ben, Meijer, Therapist, Treatment, Psychologist, Help, Questions, Online

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users