no sense of self - The Daily Forum - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

no sense of self

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anotherme

anotherme

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:08 PM

For weeks I've been having intense panic attacks and bodily sensations. I feel like I am insane. I feel like my words and actions and beliefs are not my own. I feel like my whole personality is just me mirroring other people but that I have no self left. I feel like I am insane. I feel the need to reach out and talk to people but when I do I am so afraid because it's like my words are not my own. I try to be a good person but it's like there is something deeply wrong with me. A doctor told me that it is because I dissociate that I feel this way. He said that when we dissociate for a long time we revert to the mirroring stage of development like a small child. Is this why I feel like I am other people but not myself? I don't fully believe the doctors anyway. These days have been very stressful. I am afraid a lot of the time. Is this sense of no self just a DPDR symptom? it is horrifying

#2 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:12 PM

The no sense of self is exactly what Depersonalization is. I have that as well. No center self.

#3 zecht

zecht

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:09 PM

I want to live this fucking life and last 10 years were hell, gradually from almost nothing to whatever this is now. Maybe if i get a frying pan to the head might reset me.

#4 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:02 PM

I want to live this fucking life and last 10 years were hell, gradually from almost nothing to whatever this is now. Maybe if i get a frying pan to the head might reset me.

That should do the trick yes,good luck. Let me know if it worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users