Depression/Sadness - The Daily Forum - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Depression/Sadness

depression

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chazhe

chazhe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:02 PM

I don't know about dp/dr but I'm just feeling really down today. How do people feel in terms of their mood? Does their dp/dr co-occur with other disorders? Can anyone give examples?

#2 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:10 PM

DPDR, especially if it’s severe, chronic, and long-lasting, can be a very lonely, terrifying, and depressing experience. I think it’s pretty normal and rational to sink into despair and sadness and hopelessness from having to deal with this for so long, with little support and understanding from friends, family, and the medical community.

Others may experience the “depression” that comes with this differently. After all, DPDR is often experienced as “no mood” by many (although I think we all do experience mood, it’s just either muted, distorted, or extremely internalized. A person may want to cry, but find themselves unable to, for example). There’s also the experience of anhedonia which is frequently experienced by those with DP and often categorized as “depression”, but is very different from what most people think of when they hear the word “depression”.

#3 chazhe

chazhe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

I used to have the no mood thing and the anhedonia, and still do sometimes, but have moved a little more into the feelings zone, or I'd like to think so atleast!

And thanks for your reply.

#4 anotherme

anotherme

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 12:30 PM

I can barely make it out of bed these days. I feel so sad. I feel so alone. I feel helpless.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users