Seroquel/Quetiapine during daytime - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Seroquel/Quetiapine during daytime

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fromhollandwithlove

Fromhollandwithlove

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:12 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to avoid this forum as much as possible, but when it comes to medical advice i'd rather take it from people who have experienced dpdr (and not my psych)

I have been taking Seroquel for sleep for about 7/8 months now. 25mg at first, but lowered it down to 12.5mg since it sedated me too much during the early mornings. 

Seroquel has been the only the med for me that actually gives me glimpses of emotions, but shortly after I can't battle the sleep, get drowzie af and get knocked-out.

Now I'm wondering what would happen if I take it during the day? Would 25mg or 12.5mg knock me out as it does during bedtime? I have been reading stories about people on reddit taking 25mg during the day for anxiety and they never really talk about fatigue/sedation. My psych told me to up the bedtime dose to 50mg, cause it will last longer during the day, but 50mg just made me feel horrible, super zombie-like (felt like blank-mind).

Anyone on this forum that has experience taking Seroquel during the day? And what could I possibly expect? 

#2 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:45 AM

I only took it at night . I took 100mg and the first time I took it I felt as if a bus hit me ....I literally felt like on drugs .

unfortunately I can not give you a guess how it would be when you take it in the morning or noon but maybe you should just try it (after your doc gives you the approval of course. not by your own)

if you want to try another neuroleptic I can recommend sulpiride because it is rather activating instead of sedating (which is not good for me personally since I need something more sedating) and it is somewhat mood raising and it helped me against some weird thoughts and feelings but I took only 50mg and only sometimes when I felt that I need it and not everyday . but meds work different for everyone ...what helps me wont necessarily help you and vice versa . but it might be worth a try

but both of these meds have made me a lot of weight and I wish I would have never taken seroquel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users