Will implanting naltrexone help - Page 3 - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Will implanting naltrexone help

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#25 freewilly

freewilly

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:42 PM

Yes Sierra left kings college and now resides in Medellin since 5 years, my city by coincidence. Im his only dp patient left here, he treats a normal variety of people here. His main point of focus wasn´t TMS or naltrexone though because of lack of results I guess..

#26 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:29 PM

They ran out of funding in 2015. There has been no publication there since 2016. There is no staff that do research . So, he didn't leave. I have been in contact with him in 2010 because  the opiopate antagonist, Nalmefene was to be approved for alcoholism and it was a partiel agonist the the kappa receptor and i wrote to him if they where aware of it. He wrote to me they once had considered a trial with it and said there might be some benefit from it. You claim about rTMS is without foundation in publications.

You claim that AYAHUASCA will help but there are at least two articles that says that depersonalisation can be a side-effect from it. There are several personal stories of people who have got depersonalisation from it. I have come with references to rTMS that you ignore. Now, i what you to come with eksamples of people who has been cured form depersonalisation from it.  

#27 freewilly

freewilly

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 08:44 PM

Ayahuasca can be very scary, but many things in life are and yes all those scary things can cause DP. Ayahuasca as well if not done in the proper setting perhaps. But its the strongest most promising cure ive seen after 20 years, connecting people to their soul. Antidepressants if anything have made my DP even more untreatable. Besides they can cause dp and dr as well. Why dont you go and complain with your doctors instead of shooting the messenger. Im simply communicating what ive learned from one of the biggest names in the field. And no im not going to look for examples because some guy on the internet demands it in one of his rants against me. But there, are just google it.

But hey i know how we can feel desperate for a cure, and maybe if people like simeon see potential go for it...dp is a dragon with a hundred heads. Everyone should try as many different responsible things as possible till they finally manage to open up to them selves.

#28 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:13 PM

And no im not going to look for examples because some guy on the internet demands it in one of his rants against me. But there, are just google it.

Thanks says it all. You can't come with any examples  at all. In depersonalisation disorder normal brain networks are disrupted and by adding a hallucinogen you are adding a disruption to a disrupted network and that might be felt like a relieve by some for some time. That is your "cure". Yes, there are some posts with people feeling a temporally relief form depersonalisation by taking it and they return to the depersonalized state. You say it yourself. You have tried it a 100.times and it have not worked. 

#29 freewilly

freewilly

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:58 PM

Sierra has done trials with naltrexone on patients with no effect in his finding (doesn´t mean he´s right). His wife has done her PhD on TMS for depersonalization. According to sierra they couldn´t find significant results. Remember an ambitious academic has  a motivation to give as much relevance to their research as possible whether its there or not, which can cause bias as well. Simeon once complained with Sierra there was no money in depersonalization. Why do you think that is? The academic spectrum has not come up with real workable solutions, at least not one cure for all.

Let me rephrase myself: after 20 years and thousands of dp patients Sierra sees Ayahuasca as BY FAR the most promising cure. all the rest almost doesn´t take you where you need to go: your core, your most painful or most scary place that you have pushed away because you can´t handle it, but you need to revisit it to loosen up your trauma..these trances can overwrite your mental rigidity.

An academic with a name commits professional suicide to publish positive findings on an illegal drug. Thats why the info hasn´t gotten out I imagine. Thats why im here, because its frustrating and tragic. At Kings college they had underground groups of dp sufferers that would go to secret ceremonies...

I am not saying its for everyone. There are risks if done wrong or with the wrong people or by the wrong people. No people with schizophrenia or a vulnerability to psychosis for instance. Get informed on your own medical condition well beforehand.

And order to prevent you from having the senseless and unjust joy of feeling right and shooting down a real viable cure for some of us, here is a link of someone that healed, notice he also talks about having frequently encountered other DP sufferers.

https://spiritvinere...ation-disorder/

#30 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:45 PM

Sierra has done trials with naltrexone on patients with no effect in his finding (doesn´t mean he´s right). His wife has done her PhD on TMS for depersonalization. According to sierra they couldn´t find significant results. Remember an ambitious academic has a motivation to give as much relevance to their research as possible whether its there or not, which can cause bias as well. Simeon once complained with Sierra there was no money in depersonalization. Why do you think that is? The academic spectrum has not come up with real workable solutions, at least not one cure for all.

Let me rephrase myself: after 20 years and thousands of dp patients Sierra sees Ayahuasca as BY FAR the most promising cure. all the rest almost doesn´t take you where you need to go: your core, your most painful or most scary place that you have pushed away because you can´t handle it, but you need to revisit it to loosen up your trauma..these trances can overwrite your mental rigidity.

An academic with a name commits professional suicide to publish positive findings on an illegal drug. Thats why the info hasn´t gotten out I imagine. Thats why im here, because its frustrating and tragic. At Kings college they had underground groups of dp sufferers that would go to secret ceremonies...

I am not saying its for everyone. There are risks if done wrong or with the wrong people or by the wrong people. No people with schizophrenia or a vulnerability to psychosis for instance. Get informed on your own medical condition well beforehand.

And order to prevent you from having the senseless and unjust joy of feeling right and shooting down a real viable cure for some of us, here is a link of someone that healed, notice he also talks about having frequently encountered other DP sufferers.

https://spiritvinere...ation-disorder/

i just readed his experiences. he got brief moments of having emotions and reality but his numbness came after a while back. so it doesnt sound like „healing“

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users