Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Will implanting naltrexone help

6K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  jotteff 
#1 ·
Will implanting naltrexone help

#6 ·
Mayor -gross u got any problem with me
Yes I do. Your posts are all irrelevant and very close to spamming. In your first, "Full recovery" you claim you have found a cure. The post is extremely banal as all your posts are and you say that;" So this is my last post here and i am beginning my journey to full cure and i hope yours too."

https://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/93626-full-recovery/?hl=messirocks#entry601600

Then I do a post about rTMS and a process i am in with a rTMS clinic in a foreign country that I write to. You say I shall do it fast, ask me how it went a few days after my post, you contact me on messenger with the same question. So, you have shown a behaviour that has irritated me personally. By the way. The head of the rTMS clinic who is a professor have replied me 3.weeks ago and said he will look into depersonalisation disorder and reply me as soon as possible. It is holiday season, he might contact some researchers who have done research years back on the view today. I have written that the structure medial prefrontal cortex might be central partly because it can express dynophin to anxiety and stress and shot down several structures. Other structures under suspicion in DP can't not express dynorphin to stress that and when some people have a partly response to opiopate antagonists it might that this structure is central in DP. Is is very active in people with PTSD with depersonalisation.

All your posts are absurd because many of your questions could you get answers to by looking in previous posts and debates by others. You have made a spamming thread on your trail with Lamotrigin in 100.mg. It is totally irrelevant as there are many many posts on there subject and very few have a respons to lamotrigin and they typically respons in the dose of 200-300.mg. You suddenly claim in a dose of 100.mg that you see clearly, you feel something- you have a response according to yourself. Then you stop that thread to start a new subject on this forum. It is usually very shot and written in a childish messaging language as all your posts are with demands that people help you or reply you. Your posts has character of constantly trying to seek attention of others and that is your primary goal. I have blocked you on facebook and I wish I could do the same here.

#7 ·
I will try it and let u all know
No, you will spam this forum with that subject as it shouldn´t have any interest for anyone. Naltrexone has a very low affinity for the kappa opioid receptor and you need a dose of 150-200.mg to feel partiel response to it. Very few can tolerate it and very few afford it. Everything in relation to naltrexone and other drugs that are antagonistic for the opioid system can be found in previous debates here. You have nothing relevant to come with and that is not your intention either.

#10 ·
Lamotrigine helped me at 100 mg .after that it stopped.u need to use your mouth wisely
So, it was placebo and spamming of the forum with that predictable and irrelevant thread. As lamotrigine when productive in DP (and it rarely is) is within the range of a dose 2-300.mg. You chose to stop at a dose of 100.mg that is bellow that rage because it stopped working instead of trying to raise the dose. I have the suspicion that you have never tried it. Everything is about getting attention.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
No, you will spam this forum with that subject as it shouldn´t have any interest for anyone. Naltrexone has a very low affinity for the kappa opioid receptor and you need a dose of 150-200.mg to feel partiel response to it. Very few can tolerate it and very few afford it. Everything in relation to naltrexone and other drugs that are antagonistic for the opioid system can be found in previous debates here. You have nothing relevant to come with and that is not your intention either.
But there is that study, where they tried low doses of naltrexone between 2 and 6 mg daily.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25421416

Over 15 patients, 11 saw an improvement and 7 a long lasting improvement. In the abstract they don't talk about using a control group though.

#19 ·
But there is that study, where they tried low doses of naltrexone between 2 and 6 mg daily.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25421416

Over 15 patients, 11 saw an improvement and 7 a long lasting improvement. In the abstract they don't talk about using a control group though.
Those people do not suffer from depersonlisation disorder but complex dissociation . The full text in german i here;https://www.researchgate.net/publication/268881012_Low_dose_naltrexone_in_the_treatment_of_dissociative_symptoms

Naltrexone, naloxone and buprenophine has been tried in much higher doses by many. A dose of 100.mg of naltrexone is typical for some to fell a small reduction in symptoms like 15-20%. As it stands one can say that opiopate antagonist might take some of the symptoms particularly numbing.

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
At kings college they have run trials with no success as far as I know. Neither with TMS..
There has been no trails at Kings College with a opiopate antagonist. There has been a russian trial with naloxone infusion and a trial done at the former research unit in the US under Daphne Simeon .She stills tries on the private patients she have in a dose of 50-100.mg. The video blogger "DPD Diaries" who has been in a CBT session at the unit (that has done no research since 2016 and only sees patients) with no results was put on naltrexone as a trial by a psychiatrist recently.

You claim that rTMS didn't have any effect in also false. They did two trials a the right VLPFC with rTMS and there was a reduction on avenge of 44% in symptoms with 6.session. They wrote that;"Data presented in this case series indicate that 1 Hz rTMS to the right VLPFC may be a potential treatment option for DPD, which has previously proved difficult to treat with pharmacotherapy. Six out of seven participants showed over 25% improvement in symptoms, two over 50%. One participant did not respond to treatment. may act via biological mechanisms different to that of psychotropic medications and as such make it a potentially new treatment method for the disorder.".....The potential of rTMS as a treatment option for DPD requires further study in the form of a controlled trial of multiple sessions of rTMS. If further sham-controlled research proves positive, rTMS may be judged an appropriate intervention or adjunct to other interventions e.g. antidepressants. Combining treatment studies with investigations of mechanisms using neurophysiological and neuroimaging techniques for example would also lead to rapid advances in the field"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4906152/

They have had no funding since 2016 for larger trials or research . Most researchers have left the unit and Anthony David who was head of unit has shifted to a professorship at University College London and I follow him on twitter and i posted some things related to the right VLPFC and social exclusion and he replied the right VLPFC had a role as a target in depersonalisation. So, he still believes in rTMS and the right VLPFC.

#22 ·
Those people do not suffer from depersonlisation disorder but complex dissociation . The full text in german i here;https://www.researchgate.net/publication/268881012_Low_dose_naltrexone_in_the_treatment_of_dissociative_symptoms

Naltrexone, naloxone and buprenophine has been tried in much higher doses by many. A dose of 100.mg of naltrexone is typical for some to fell a small reduction in symptoms like 15-20%. As it stands one can say that opiopate antagonist might take some of the symptoms particularly numbing.
what is complex dissociation, and how can it be differentiated from dpdr? Is "complex dissociation" a legitimate disorder?

#23 ·
what is complex dissociation, and how can it be differentiated from dpdr? Is "complex dissociation" a legitimate disorder?
You can look complex dissociation up. It is not related to depersonalisation. In this text about depersonalisation there is a significant difference between the two;

"Both ICD-10 and DSM-IV betray uncertainty as to the nosological status of depersonalisation: in the former, it is included under the vague heading of 'other neurotic disorders', whereas in the latter it is listed under dissociative disorders, an equally problematic classification, as the hallmark of true dissociation is a lack of subjective awareness of change. By contrast, sufferers from depersonalisation are all too aware of a disturbing change in their experience of themselves and/or their surroundings - indeed, in the primary disorder, this awareness of change is the very essence of the presenting complaint. Other ways in which depersonalisation differs from dissociative disorders are explored at length in Hunter et al (2003)."

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/2077/638170af373285242d985bb2f6cc61c43d27.pdf

#24 ·
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4906152/

They have had no funding since 2016 for larger trials or research . Most researchers have left the unit and Anthony David who was head of unit has shifted to a professorship at University College London and I follow him on twitter and i posted some things related to the right VLPFC and social exclusion and he replied the right VLPFC had a role as a target in depersonalisation. So, he still believes in rTMS and the right VLPFC.
:( so whats next, who will be/are the current researchers, and do you know where research is currently being conducted? I heard Sierra also left the KCL research unit and no longer studies or treats dpd...

#25 ·
Yes Sierra left kings college and now resides in Medellin since 5 years, my city by coincidence. Im his only dp patient left here, he treats a normal variety of people here. His main point of focus wasn´t TMS or naltrexone though because of lack of results I guess..

#26 ·
They ran out of funding in 2015. There has been no publication there since 2016. There is no staff that do research . So, he didn't leave. I have been in contact with him in 2010 because the opiopate antagonist, Nalmefene was to be approved for alcoholism and it was a partiel agonist the the kappa receptor and i wrote to him if they where aware of it. He wrote to me they once had considered a trial with it and said there might be some benefit from it. You claim about rTMS is without foundation in publications.

You claim that AYAHUASCA will help but there are at least two articles that says that depersonalisation can be a side-effect from it. There are several personal stories of people who have got depersonalisation from it. I have come with references to rTMS that you ignore. Now, i what you to come with eksamples of people who has been cured form depersonalisation from it.