You aren't psychotic - The Bright Side - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

You aren't psychotic

3 replies to this topic

#1 HelloJonathan2

HelloJonathan2

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:23 AM

This is meant to be a helpful rant because I actually am going through the same thing. Just know that dp/dr isn't close to what psychosis is. The only similarity is how people describe psychosis as a disconnect from reality. But they don't mean pit of body experiences they mean believing that someone is out to get them or that they are the chosen one. Feeling like you are having an out of body experience means that you feel like you do. It is when you believe you aren't in your body and you can fly around the world is when you can be described as psychotic.

#2 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:16 AM

when you are in DP/DR mode you can not even say if you just "feel it" or " believe it"  . by your last sentence you will just scare people who are in full dp mode . when I was in my worst period of dp last year I was freaking out from every little thing I read and was scared

anybody who is reading OP and gets insecure : DO NOT FEAR PSYCHOSIS ! . dont worry ....it is not the end of the world and there are medications against it . MOST LIKELY YOU ARE NOT PSYCHOTIC ANYWAY ! but even if you are dont be scared

#3 bigpwn

bigpwn

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:09 AM

This is only reassurance which is bad for this ocd-type obsession. It will provide temporary relief but then you will need to keep coming back for someone to reassure you, it's a neverending cycle.

The "right way" to do it is like Psyborg said, accept the fact that all of us, including your family and friends, have a very small chance (about 1% during their lifetime) to become psychotic. We have no control or choice over this. All we can do is believe that our family and doctors will take care of us if it happens.

Actually, I want you to think "Okay I am psychotic, so what? Did the world end? It wasn't my choice therefore it's not my fault. I am not a bad person. But I will be okay, I will endure and fight on no matter what"

This option removes the reassurance, and accepts the obsession, which is the only way to get rid of it

#4 soulsearcher86

soulsearcher86

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:28 PM

you can look up tons of examples of people who have gone psychotic.. they aren't like you! they aren't seeking help, they aren't posting on this forum in a rational manner... the fact that you are  here and communicating intelligently with people is a great sign that you aren't psychotic.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users