Just STOP and know your Reality - Page 2 - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Just STOP and know your Reality

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#13 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:32 PM

You are on here because you are suffering. 

No, I suffer because I'm on here. Your unhinged zealotry makes me suffer. 

#14 gmriefler

gmriefler

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:41 PM

What is this, some dualist nonsense? Find your soul, for that is where the real you resides! This isn't the first one of these weird, pushy posts from you, either. 

If you think you can escape to some magical realm and to cure DPDR that way, you're delusional. Your mind is supervenient on the brain because it's a function of the brain. There is no deeper level of consciousness independent of the (impaired) brain that you can somehow escape into and forget how DPDR is messing up your mental functioning. Your reality is entirely dependent on the physical states of your brain and body at any given moment, and as long as the cause of DPDR exists in that configuration of atoms that is you, you will continue to experience the symptoms. 

But of course, what I say most likely doesn't exactly apply to all cases; that is, there isn't an organic cause but a mental one (though that is also physical in a sense). The way I see it, to some this is more like OCD. They obsess about existential stuff and seem to conflate that with DPDR, which, to me, definitely should have a perceptual component. Yeah, to those people the best course of action would be just getting rid of the obsessions, but that still doesn't have anything to do with "finding one's Reality and looking inside", whatever that means—as if there's some metaphysical core in you that's accessible through effort that lets you escape all negative sensations at will. 

Eh, no, I'm not. That's a very limited conception of DPDR. For one, those with DR only don't have this sensation. 

lol. If we're all gods, then what is God?

God is your reality. I don’t like the word God, so I prefer ‘ the mystery ‘ or something like that. Deep inside you is the knowledge of your connection with all apparent things. Lastly, you are right to say my first statement is incorrect. You might be on here for support or to drown in sorrow or whatever. I was on this forum doing the same thing 20 years ago (it had a different name back then). To realize that That which is searching for connection and an end to separation is the mystery Itself is to realize your True Nature. Our true nature. Best to you.

#15 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:45 PM

God is your reality. I don’t like the word God, so I prefer ‘ the mystery ‘ or something like that. Deep inside you is the knowledge of your connection with all apparent things. Lastly, you are right to say my first statement is incorrect. You might be on here for support or to drown in sorrow or whatever. I was on this forum doing the same thing 20 years ago (it had a different name back then). To realize that That which is searching for connection and an end to separation is the mystery Itself is to realize your True Nature. Our true nature. Best to you.

All The Best to you too. May you Dig ever Deeper into your soul in pursuit of The Final Truth™. Perhaps One Day us Lowly plebs, too, shall Attain Enlightenment. On a more Serious Note, though, I hope That One day you'll see how MisGuided you are with This Drivel, for your Own and everyOne Else's Sake

Critical thinking, some healthy skepticism, and common sense are what you need. Maybe then you wouldn't be so credulous to this new age mumbo jumbo. It's just sad how you've lost your mind to it. 

#16 Broken

Broken

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:58 PM

@gmriefler have you found relief from your DP with this? I listened to Adyashanti a while ago and have to say that although it sounds nice it gave me no real answers. If you want to go hardcore into non duality look up Tony Parsons lol he is entertaining and I think genuine....

But I do feel this is a distraction. For a lot here I believe that the way out is through the pain not 'following your bliss'. Facing fear, processing trauma, talking about your issues, fixing your relationships, feeling not thinking.... I think non duality is interesting, but this is a mental disorder primarily brought on by the fear response in a panic attack that makes the 'self' parts of the brain shut down.

This isn't enlightenment, and although Adyashanti might sound enlightened I assure you he isn't. There's no such thing. He is a charlatan charging extortionate amounts for his retreats, and he has simply repackaged Zen and other forms of Buddhism into a more digestible format for westerners. You may be having a spiritual crisis or an awakening, but if there is trauma or issues from the past, I would focus on that more than spirituality.

Years of meditation might cure this, but personally I would want something quicker than that

#17 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:52 PM

Spoonbenders come to mind here.... LOL......Making a career from peoples naivety....

#18 Emptyflask

Emptyflask

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:00 PM

See, i once entertained this idea too for a short time. But not being real doesnt even make sense. Currently, I believe we are all connected in a sense because we are all made of the same stuff (atoms, stardust, whatever you wanna call it) but we are all individual. Whether reality is an illusion or not, life is still life. In a spiritual sense, i guess i like to think we are all our own separate universes that eventually end. I dont believe in god or the mystery or whatever it is. We are all individual so that would mean we are all god if thats true. We are not the only things to exist. And we wouldnt make a universe for ourselves to live if the life on earth is doomed to die anyway. There will be a point where life will no longer exist on this planet when the sun grows large and vaporizes the planet. If we were the only things to exist, surely, wed want to exist forever but thats simply not possible. I honestly believe life is a byproduct of our universes forces and we are separate from it in the fact that we are living creatures with feelings and a desire to keep living and thats it and that is the reality i live in. Life is full of suffering because what would life be without it? We need the suffering to understand what happiness is and we exist in a very chaotic universe. If your belief is one that prevents you from suffering then good for you but i dont personally believe in what your saying. The universe exists for a very simple reason. Nothingness cannot exist without something. You could even go as far to say nothingness doesnt even exist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users