Just STOP and know your Reality - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Just STOP and know your Reality

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 gmriefler

gmriefler

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:33 AM

You are on this forum because you realize that the person you appear to be is not real. This is great and it is something most apparent humans simply do not see. Stop searching for an answer to what you really are.

You are here right now to realize that you are what many call God; some call it the mystery, or unconditional awareness, etc. That is your reality. It is that simple, yet mind is causing you problems and having you search for answers to what you are.

Stop looking for answers or a cure. Stop researching neuroscience, or wondering about existential stuff. These things are fine to do, until your Reality tells you to stop and look inside. So Look inside to That which has never been affected by any mental or physical condition. Can you realize you are That already? 😊

Have you heard of the book: Depersonalization Disorder and the Loss of The Self? Please realize that that book was written by authors who did not realize their reality. If they knew their Reality, which is our Reality, they would have called it “Depersonalization Disorder: the Realization of The False Self on the Path to knowing The Real Self of All, God.” May my words bring you peace now.

#2 ReiTheySay

ReiTheySay

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:49 AM

I don't even know what you're trying to say brother

#3 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:59 AM

What is this, some dualist nonsense? "Find your soul, for that is where the real you resides!" This isn't the first one of these weird, pushy posts from you, either. 

You are here right now to realize that you are what many call God; some call it the mystery, or unconditional awareness, etc. That is your reality. It is that simple, yet mind is causing you problems and having you search for answers to what you are.

Stop looking for answers or a cure. Stop researching neuroscience, or wondering about existential stuff. These things are fine to do, until your Reality tells you to stop and look inside. So Look inside to That which has never been affected by any mental or physical condition. Can you realize you are That already?

If you think you can escape to some magical realm and to cure DPDR that way, you're delusional. Your mind is supervenient on the brain because it's a function of the brain. There is no deeper level of consciousness independent of the (impaired) brain that you can somehow escape into and forget how DPDR is messing up your mental functioning. Your reality is entirely dependent on the physical states of your brain and body at any given moment, and as long as the cause of DPDR exists in that configuration of atoms that is you, you will continue to experience the symptoms. 

But of course, what I say most likely doesn't exactly apply to all cases; that is, there isn't an organic cause but a mental one (though that is also physical in a sense). The way I see it, to some this is more like OCD. They obsess about existential stuff and seem to conflate that with DPDR, which, to me, definitely should have a perceptual component. Yeah, to those people the best course of action would be just getting rid of the obsessions, but that still doesn't have anything to do with "finding one's Reality and looking inside", whatever that means—as if there's some metaphysical core in you that's accessible through effort that lets you escape all negative sensations at will. 

You are on this forum because you realize that the person you appear to be is not real.

Eh, no, I'm not. That's a very limited conception of DPDR. For one, those with DR only don't have this sensation. 

If they knew their Reality, which is our Reality, they would have called it “Depersonalization Disorder: the Realization of The False Self on the Path to knowing The Real Self of All, God.” May my words bring you peace now. 

lol. If we're all gods, then what is God?

#4 Broken

Broken

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:36 AM

It actually sounds more non-dual. I have heard depersonalization referred to as enlightenments evil twin. I guess some could put it into the narrative that this is a spiritual journey we have to push through.

Although the main story I tell myself about this is a neurobiological condition, similar to PTSD (for me) and that I can cure this by medical methods, I do overlook the spiritual side.

I was slightly religious as a child, went to Sunday school and my nan was quite christian. But this just put the idea of a 'god' in my head, as a person, which I think is quite cruel. Because it started with me thinking that God didn't care about me or wanted to save me from pain, and eventually lead to me thinking that 'god' actually massively disliked me and wanted to punish me. Neither of which are true as I don't think god exists in that sense. 

But this also made me quite dependent on a fantasy to come and save me, and detracted from the idea that I am strong and have will power to save myself from this. And in a way, this detached us from our 'self' as we don't think that has power, but a magical being in the sky does. 

Some do find the answer from spirituality and a higher power. I know there is a sense of that with magic mushroom trips (something I am microdosing atm). And this can be powerful and heal people from all kinds of ailments. I have also tried the above method of stop searching as this itself is suffering. Unfortunately there isn't one thing to cure them all with DP, so let us know if this method helps

#5 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:25 PM

You are on this forum because you realize that the person you appear to be is not real. This is great and it is something most apparent humans simply do not see. Stop searching for an answer to what you really are.

Stop looking for answers or a cure. Stop researching neuroscience, or wondering about existential stuff. These things are fine to do, until your Reality tells you to stop and look inside. So Look inside to That which has never been affected by any mental or physical condition. Can you realize you are That already?

Have you heard of the book: Depersonalization Disorder and the Loss of The Self? Please realize that that book was written by authors who did not realize their reality. If they knew their Reality, which is our Reality, they would have called it “Depersonalization Disorder: the Realization of The False Self on the Path to knowing The Real Self of All, God.” May my words bring you peace now.

Exestentialism in a nutshell.......Its exactly this type of bull that we want to but cant escape from....FFS........If the people on here who are TRULY suffering could turn off their obessive DP thinking they would...F***in Bible Bumpers drive me nuts.........

#6 gmriefler

gmriefler

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:16 PM

I’m not spiritual and I’ve only read some of the New Testament. I went to an Adyashanti retreat in Feb, the first one I’ve been to, told him and the 200 or so others in the room my symptoms of dp/dr without mentioning dpd, and he told me he would consider me half enlightened. The words I speak are the Truth.

The bottom line is that nothing that appears and disappears has inherent reality. This of course is the entire world. But That which is our Reality ( call it God or pure consciousness or whatever) is the only thing that has ever and will ever exist. To realize this is the reason why I was born. Could it be the reason why you were born as well? Does your mind realize the unreality of the world?

#7 gmriefler

gmriefler

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:20 PM

Exestentialism in a nutshell.......Its exactly this type of bull that we want to but cant escape from....FFS........If the people on here who are TRULY suffering could turn off their obessive DP thinking they would...F***in Bible Bumpers drive me nuts.........

Find out what all your thoughts arise from. It is silence, a stillness, and this is your True Nature. That which appears to suffer is not real, but its reality is the source of all things. Look inside and find out. There comes a point when the sufferer is seen to be unreal; this is what I realized about 1 year ago.

#8 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:24 PM

I’m not spiritual and I’ve only read some of the New Testament. I went to an Adyashanti retreat in Feb, the first one I’ve been to, told him and the 200 or so others in the room my symptoms of dp/dr without mentioning dpd, and he told me he would consider me half enlightened. The words I speak are the Truth.

The bottom line is that nothing that appears and disappears has inherent reality. This of course is the entire world. But That which is our Reality ( call it God or pure consciousness or whatever) is the only thing that has ever and will ever exist. To realize this is the reason why I was born. Could it be the reason why you were born as well? Does your mind realize the unreality of the world?

So some spiritual quack fed you some new age bullshit that you swallowed whole, and now you're vomiting and smearing it all over these forums in an attempt to convert us as well. No thanks. I'd rather keep my rationality. 

#9 gmriefler

gmriefler

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:26 PM

It actually sounds more non-dual. I have heard depersonalization referred to as enlightenments evil twin. I guess some could put it into the narrative that this is a spiritual journey we have to push through.

Although the main story I tell myself about this is a neurobiological condition, similar to PTSD (for me) and that I can cure this by medical methods, I do overlook the spiritual side.

I was slightly religious as a child, went to Sunday school and my nan was quite christian. But this just put the idea of a 'god' in my head, as a person, which I think is quite cruel. Because it started with me thinking that God didn't care about me or wanted to save me from pain, and eventually lead to me thinking that 'god' actually massively disliked me and wanted to punish me. Neither of which are true as I don't think god exists in that sense. 

But this also made me quite dependent on a fantasy to come and save me, and detracted from the idea that I am strong and have will power to save myself from this. And in a way, this detached us from our 'self' as we don't think that has power, but a magical being in the sky does. 

Some do find the answer from spirituality and a higher power. I know there is a sense of that with magic mushroom trips (something I am microdosing atm). And this can be powerful and heal people from all kinds of ailments. I have also tried the above method of stop searching as this itself is suffering. Unfortunately there isn't one thing to cure them all with DP, so let us know if this method helps

For over 2 decades I was the searcher of Reality. I was the sufferer of dpd. But then about 1 year ago I realized beyond doubt that the searcher and sufferer are not real. What a laugh I had! So then, what am I? I know myself to be the background of all experience. I am everything in general as I perceive no separation between “me” and “other”. Yet I am nothing in particular. Thus, everything is nothing. This is what I Am and I accept it. This is OUR Reality.

Your username is broken. Not for 1 second of your life have you been broken. You may THINK you are broken, but it is simply not true.

#10 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:28 PM

searcher of Reality.

True Nature

Loss of The Self

Find out what That is 

Never Trust a Person who capitalizes Common Nouns™ in This Manner. 

#11 gmriefler

gmriefler

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:30 PM

So some spiritual quack fed you some new age bullshit that you swallowed whole, and now you're vomiting and smearing it all over these forums in an attempt to convert us as well. No thanks. I'd rather keep my rationality.

You are on here because you are suffering. This is the whole world..sufferering, no matter the form. I assume you want peace? Find out what inside you has never not been at peace and this suffering will stop or at least lessen.

If you want the mind to run your life, so be it. Don’t listen to what I say. This fight you are giving is mind itself. Mind appears in your Reality. Find out what That is

#12 gmriefler

gmriefler

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:31 PM

Ca

Never trust a person who capitalizes common nouns in this manner.

Capitalization for emphasis. You have a strong mind but also a desire to keep suffering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users