I am just putting this here, because if i had narrowed this down a long time ago I would not have endured what I went through..
A bit of the article goes;
"Physical symptoms of hypervigilance can include the following:
- Excessive sweating
- Rapid heartbeat and elevated blood pressure
- Fast, shallow breathing and/or hyperventilation
- Extreme fatigue or exhaustion
These physical symptoms, or interoceptive exposure revealing a hypervigilant personality, show how the body reacts to the mind. When the mind is on alert, the body responds to support the senses and react accordingly to stimuli. Being on alert is quite taxing, hence the fatigue and exhaustion—especially when respiration is abbreviated.
Emotional symptoms of hypervigilance can include the following:
- An increase in fear or anxiety
- Consistent feelings of panic
- Persistent worrying
These emotional feelings are often a result of PTSD, and are the brain’s natural reaction to dealing with possible threats. Again, hypervigilance is a defense mechanism and these emotional responses to sensory sensitivity or environment are typical.
Behavioral symptoms of hypervigilance can include the following:
- Fast-twitch reactions; being “jumpy” when confronted with a “threat”
- Faulty interpretation of innocuous remarks
- Reacting in a hostile manner consistent with self-defense
The more prominent the behaviors, the more likely there is a correlation with increased anxiety.
Finally, the mental symptoms of hypervigilance include:
- Paranoia is a large part of hypervigilance
- Lack of sleep
- Extreme rationalizations of illogical action
Btw this is slightly confusing as you can have these things and just an anxiety disorder, but for me I have full hyper vigilance and it's got worse leading to days not sleeping, sweating that's well embarrassing and shakes... we now believe it can be pinned after many thousands wasted to this guy...