Psilocybin mushrooms - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Psilocybin mushrooms

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#13 James_80

James_80

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:38 AM

From one of the above studies:  "feelings of isolation, depression and anxiety commonly associated with a diagnosis of terminal illness."

I'm not satisfied the above patients can be considered as treatment resistant depression.  If I were diagnosed with terminal illness,

I would quite naturally be depressed about it.  I think that is significantly different than being mentally ill with major depression.

That is a good point actually. It really gets on my nerves when I see lazy diagnoses of depression given for things like that, when depression, as you know, is a separate illness entirely. Nevertheless, I am hoping psilocybin proves useful for cases of depression that are caused or influenced by trauma. I think there are cases of depression caused primarily by physical factors such as inflammation in which case I am guessing psilocybin would not be an effective long term solution.

#14 Glidarn

Glidarn

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:15 PM

Hey. I have tryed taking "Psilocybe Cubensis" with dp, i took 2.5g. My friend took same amount, he had a more visual experience, not sure if the dp is making you trip less or if my shrooms were abit less potent or if hes more easily affected by it. I have taken another simillar mushroom before dp and then everything moved around smaller bigger, nice emotions etc etc. This time i barely had anything visual, slight change and a big thought process going on, i felt some weird sensations in my body aswell, was nice for a change. But this dosage did nothing for me sadly. With a bigger dose maybe it would, or could make it worse, unsure! Its a risk, think about the pros and cons before doing it, alot of people like to tell you not to take them. But waiting it out, meditation, eating healthy etc dosent seem to do much for many of us. Think alot about it and do what you think is the best thing for you to do.. 

I have also tryed drinking while having dp, dosent help me anything, it helps me to stop care about it, i can more easily fake that im happy but i get no emotions or anything. I have smoked weed aswell, just makes me think way more than normal. I have tryed benzos aswell, they make me care less about everything. I have also tryed "Laughing gas", not sure if thats what its calld, didnt do anything, felt like i got deeper into dp after doing that, sooner i realized it was a dissociative drug, im so smart.. I kinda did it out of frustration because im so sick of it, so i took the chanse. Wouldnt recommend any of theese exept maybe mushrooms. Im not sure how its going to affect you in highier doses, LSD is also intresting and ofc DMT but DMT feels quite risky to do..

I think Mushrooms, MDMA, LSD, DMT could possibly flip the switch somehow, but theres for sure a high risk to it, thats why i havent tryed them. 

Not sure if you got anything out of my ramble here but think alot about it, read up, try everything you can before doing any drugs and after that, if nothing helps and it feels right, possibly try something in safe and prepared settings! Goodluck, hopefully we can go back to being normal before we die, would be nice..

#15 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:53 PM

Personally, I’ve always been terrified of psychedelics. Part of this is because I was out with myself friends one night smoking a shit ton of bud while my friends also took shrooms. Long story short my one buddy, who had done it a few times before, got severely dehydrated and had a seizure and fell right into my arms. It was terrifying. I guess moral is stay hydrated and be in A comfortable environment with people you can trust if you’re to take psychedelics.

#16 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1258 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:20 AM

The brain is so complicated and sensitive.  The blood brain barrier is designed to protect brain function by forbidding entry to foreign things.  Psychedelics and THC can get in, imitating neurotransmitters and creating distorted or false sensory perceptions and emotions.

Its all fun and games, until your brain decides it must attempt to adapt and tune into these fake and distorted sensory perceptions.  In doing so, it discards the old normal.   Is it possible to use psilocybin to tune into a new normal ?  Maybe.  But it sounds like a real crap shoot to me.  Psychological experiences can activate genes

or switch them off.  I have a theory about those who report having panic attack, and then having their dp/dr begin a day or two later. It's a story I've heard fairly often on this forum.  Say you have a traumatic experience on a psychoactive drug.  Your system responds by switching off 

a gene, and its function.  If you switch a gene off, it stops producing the proteins that support that given function.  Your system now has a limited existing supply

of those proteins to continue the function.....for a day or two.  Then, you have exhausted the remaining proteins and the function ceases.  You are now in your new reality absent that function.

I got this idea from an Incident in my past.  A good friend's apartment exploded in a gas leak.  He was burned very badly.  I saw him and he looked good and was positive about recovery.

I had been playing racquetball with a neurologist and told him about my friend.  He asked what %  he was burned.  I said 85%.  He said "he won't make it.". But, I just saw him and

he looked great.  Well, he says....the skin is an organ.  You burn that much and you can live on your reserves for a few days.  Then, you dive down and out.  Which, my friend, sadly, did.

I'll just add this about the genome.  Huge sums of cash are donated to Cancer research, kidney foundation, this illness and that disease.  That funding stream has to change.  It has to be redirected to

genetic research.  The genome is everything.  It governs the processes by which we live day to day.Genetic research can provide all the answers.  It is now providing the answers that oncology and other sciences were never going to figure out for themselves. 

But, people are funny when it comes to money.  It is not going to be easy to redirect the funding from the diseases, to the underlying causes of those diseases.

#17 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 627 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:29 PM

At this point, other than some herbs or supplements (which probably don't do anything at all). I'm not putting any more "medicine" in my body, or performing any more corporal interventions unless/until I find at least some evidence of what is actually wrong, if anything with my brain, and that the intervention in question has been demonstrated to help ameliorate the issue in question.

#18 James_80

James_80

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:39 AM

An explanation of the process and outcomes of psilocybin sessions:

https://www.youtube....h?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

This is why I am so attracted to the idea of trying it. 

#19 KimSavage

KimSavage

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:36 AM

I'm of the opinion it is very risky and there chance to stuck like this...till the day you will die. On other hand all these drugs have some ilusive potential to help us. Personally I think about cannabinoids. Want to try wild weed without THC but with some amount of cannabinol (not CBD) and see what happens. No risk only experiment.

#20 Broken

Broken

• DPSH Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:45 AM

Why CBN? Had a quick search but couldn't find much of what it does, other than is a partial agonist of CB1 and CB2 like THC but weaker. Apparently THC degrades to CBNA in ultraviolet light so you could technically grind skunk and leave it in the sun for a while (no idea how long or how effective that would be though).

CBD has helped me relax and sleep a bit better, which aren't bad things. Unfortunately hasn't really helped the DP yet... but may in the long run

#21 KimSavage

KimSavage

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:47 AM

Why CBN? Had a quick search but couldn't find much of what it does, other than is a partial agonist of CB1 and CB2 like THC but weaker. Apparently THC degrades to CBNA in ultraviolet light so you could technically grind skunk and leave it in the sun for a while (no idea how long or how effective that would be though).

CBD has helped me relax and sleep a bit better, which aren't bad things. Unfortunately hasn't really helped the DP yet... but may in the long run

CBN is because I haven't got a chance to get pure CBD. But wild weed is everywhere. and it contains more than 100 others phytocannabinoids. WHat if some of them can work?

#22 James_80

James_80

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:01 PM

I'm of the opinion it is very risky and there chance to stuck like this...till the day you will die. On other hand all these drugs have some ilusive potential to help us. Personally I think about cannabinoids. Want to try wild weed without THC but with some amount of cannabinol (not CBD) and see what happens. No risk only experiment.

I think it becomes risky if you take it irresponsibly - like taking some at a festival or a party with other drugs added to the mix. From what I understand, if you take it in a controlled, relaxed setting with a therapist or close friend, it can be a beautiful experience and you have the chance to face deep traumas and connect to life again.

#23 Broken

Broken

• DPSH Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:40 PM

CBN is because I haven't got a chance to get pure CBD. But wild weed is everywhere. and it contains more than 100 others phytocannabinoids. WHat if some of them can work?

Everywhere in your country maybe lol it isn't here, otherwise I wouldn't be on the internet icon_mrgreen.gif wild weed is most likely safer if it is wild. Skunk is man made really, and very strong  with a dangerous ratio of THC;CBD that can really damage young minds. It is why I am pro legalisation because people take it anyway and it really is powerful stuff that is mostly what drug dealers sell nowadays

#24 KimSavage

KimSavage

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:16 PM

Everywhere in your country maybe lol it isn't here, otherwise I wouldn't be on the internet icon_mrgreen.gif wild weed is most likely safer if it is wild. Skunk is man made really, and very strong  with a dangerous ratio of THC;CBD that can really damage young minds. It is why I am pro legalisation because people take it anyway and it really is powerful stuff that is mostly what drug dealers sell nowadays

The weed which I'm talking of, doesnt't contain THC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users