Weed has clarified a few things - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Weed has clarified a few things

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#13 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1286 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:02 PM

Smoking weed is like lifting mental weights.  No pain, no gain.

#14 Al_pk

Al_pk

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationExeter, United Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:44 AM

I think yes it is fine. People have to realize (love saying that for some reason) that WEED didn’t cause it, the anxiety did. And sometimes getting over he anxiety of smoking weed can helo get over the anxiety of dp/dr returning.

That's like saying smoking didn't cause lung cancer, the lung cancer did. 

Only thing people need to realise is that weed is disastrous bullshit that paves the way for life-long mental health problems

#15 HelloJonathan2

HelloJonathan2

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:29 PM

That's like saying smoking didn't cause lung cancer, the lung cancer did.

Only thing people need to realise is that weed is disastrous bullshit that paves the way for life-long mental health problems

But weed didn’t cause it. More than about half the people who have it don’t get it from smoking weed. Weed also affects people very differently. Some people actually feel better after smoking some people worse. So in the end it is up to you HOWEVER I still stand on my point that getting over the anxiety of feeling high, just like getting over seeing a movie in theatres or going to a restaurant, it might help you get over derealization.

#16 Al_pk

Al_pk

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationExeter, United Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:32 PM

There is such a strong link between smoking weed and the development of anxiety, panic, psychosis and schizophrenia. half of people getting it from weed is one hell of a high percentage.

The psychoactive effects of weed are completely inappropriate for someone susceptible to dp and panic, it's nothing to do with an anxiety of getting high. You SHOULD fear weed as a sufferer, the psychoactive changes it results in can cause irreparable mental assault. The only thing I agree with you on is that it's up to you but I am absolutely dismayed at the amount of people advocating this horrible drug on a dp forum.

And yes, I got dpd from weed 12 years ago. Never the same again.

#17 luke7

luke7

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:04 PM

My friend,
Please stop smoking weed. Even though it's not the reason that causes DP, it's a trigger that brings to the surface a sleeping giant from some trauma in the past from our life. Please don't go there again, you're playing with fire. I smoked weed many years ago, then dp set in after a huge panic attack. That's was it, never been the same since. Save yourself the agony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users