what helps - DPSelfhelp.com Member Polls - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

what helps

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: what helps (14 member(s) have cast votes)

What (if anything) helps lower your dp dr symptoms?

1. meditation (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. alcohol (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. exercise (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. medications (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

5. therapy (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

6. nothing helps (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

7. other (please specify bellow) (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 redhead

redhead

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:41 PM

Everyone is different, lets talk about what helps with your symptoms?

#2 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:02 PM

Complete stress reduction in all areas of my life....Hobbies that capture my imagination.......Decent sleep....Avoiding alcohol and illegal drugs....Meds (Low dose Atypical)......Oh and Time........

Nothing else does squat for my DP... In fact too much exercise makes it worse....... 1 on 1 therapy  always brings it on stronger....Improving my diet and various supplements never did anything for it either....

Of course this has just been my experience....Everybody is different...

#3 KimSavage

KimSavage

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:51 AM

Complete stress reduction in all areas of my life....Hobbies that capture my imagination.......Decent sleep....Avoiding alcohol and illegal drugs....Meds (Low dose Atypical)......Oh and Time........

Nothing else does squat for my DP... In fact too much exercise makes it worse....... 1 on 1 therapy  always brings it on stronger....Improving my diet and various supplements never did anything for it either....

Of course this has just been my experience....Everybody is different...

How much time it take to feel better because of amisulpirid in your case?

#4 eddy1886

eddy1886

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:48 AM

How much time it take to feel better because of amisulpirid in your case?

Only about a week or so...Pretty quickly....

SULPIRIDE not Amisulpiride...Different drugs...

#5 KimSavage

KimSavage

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 06 April 2019 - 06:32 AM

Only about a week or so...Pretty quickly....

SULPIRIDE not Amisulpiride...Different drugs...

How much AAP have you tried?

#6 eddy1886

eddy1886

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:22 AM

200mg (minimal dose) Once a day in the morning...

#7 KimSavage

KimSavage

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:24 AM

It's very interesting that only sulpiride works for you. Did you try amisulpiride?

#8 eddy1886

eddy1886

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:26 AM

It's very interesting that only sulpiride works for you. Did you try amisulpiride?

Never needed to...

Sulpiride was recommended to me many years ago by the one and only decent psychiatrist I ever met ...(The rest ive encountered are all idiots)

It worked pretty quickly and very well....As a result I have stuck with it to this day....I have tried to stop using it a few times over the years but my DP always returned in its chronic form within 3 days....And trust me I had extreme incapacitating DP....Nothing else ever worked for me.......My attitude now towrads this medicine is "If its not broken dont fix it"

I am living proof that meds can help without side effects......Maybe Im just very lucky though....But when it comes to alot of meds dont listen to the bulls**t scare mongering you often read on the internet....When it comes to the internet or the media we often are only fed the bad experiences and hence people demonise stuff...Pinch of salt is my advice....

#9 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:34 AM

Never needed to...

Sulpiride was recommended to me many years ago by the one and only decent psychiatrist I ever met ...(The rest ive encountered are all idiots)

It worked pretty quickly and very well....As a result I have stuck with it to this day....I have tried to stop using it a few times over the years but my DP always returned in its chronic form within 3 days....And trust me I had extreme incapacitating DP....Nothing else ever worked for me.......My attitude now towrads this medicine is "If its not broken dont fix it"

I am living proof that meds can help without side effects......Maybe Im just very lucky though....But when it comes to alot of meds dont listen to the bulls**t scare mongering you often read on the internet....When it comes to the internet or the media we often are only fed the bad experiences and hence people demonise stuff...Pinch of salt is my advice....

Did you also experience the blank mind symptom? Not able to visualize and or remember stuff? The no sense of self and loss of time,no inner voice nothing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users