ALKS 5461 - Research - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

ALKS 5461

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

Tomorrow the FDA will decide on whether or not to approve ALKS 5461. It is not likely that it does get approved however if it does this is huge for DP sufferers. Considering Yuri Nullers highly successful Naloxone study, it is likely that KOR antagonism could be the answer to MANY of our problems. Everybody keep your fingers crossed. God bless.

#2 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:39 AM

Could you further elaborate as to why exactly this medication would be a great for us?

#3 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

Could you further elaborate as to why exactly this medication would be a great for us?

it has been speculated that antagonism of the Kappa Opiod Receptor could be very effective in the treatment of DP however this is nearly impossible to selectively antogonize because you would need extremely high doses of naltrexone or nalmefene. A study in 2000 backed up this claim when Yuri Nuller administered Naloxone intravenously to his patients and yielded something like a 60% response rate. This rate could be even higher with ALKS 5461, the first market KOR antagonist.

#4 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

that's great to bad Yuri is dead.

#5 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:07 AM

Yes it’s a shame however I know of a fellow DP sufferer who is going to write ALKERMES (the drug manufacturer of ALKS 5461) to do a studies on DP with ALKS 5461 if it is not approved for depression.

#6 Broken

Broken

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 783 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:30 AM

I imagine it will get rejected. I do think the reason that THC causes the symptoms of DP (or did with me when I was high) is because it acts on the kappa opioid system:

https://www.research...gue-Dawley_rats

A study on rats showed THC affects were affected by a kappa opioid antagonist. It's believed that CBD has opposing effects to THC and I have found this to be true in my experience. CBD has helped me relax and sleep better, and fingers crossed long term it may help my DP symptoms

#7 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:42 AM

I imagine it will get rejected. I do think the reason that THC causes the symptoms of DP (or did with me when I was high) is because it acts on the kappa opioid system:

https://www.research...gue-Dawley_rats

A study on rats showed THC affects were affected by a kappa opioid antagonist. It's believed that CBD has opposing effects to THC and I have found this to be true in my experience. CBD has helped me relax and sleep better, and fingers crossed long term it may help my DP symptoms

I believe it will get rejected as well. But this leaves them open to the suggestion that they could do studies for depersonalization. I imagine that there investors won’t be very happy so Alkermes may want to take their drug in a different direction.

#8 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:38 PM

I HOPE IT GETS FUCKING APPROVED

#9 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

I HOPE IT GETS FUCKING APPROVED

I agree. This means that we can get it covered by insurance providers. It’s a long shot but we will see.

#10 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:49 AM

Well I dont know if anyone kept up with the news but it was not approved. They are still pushing forward with studies on depression though and they are conducting studies in many locations throughout the USA. I contacted the people in charge of the study requesting to be a part of the ongoing clinical trial so I might be able to get my hands on the drug.

#11 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:15 PM

https://www.clinical...how_locs=Y#locn if you live in the us and want to give it a shot here you go.

#12 Messirocks

Messirocks

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:34 AM

Did you improve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users