If you could fix one problem from your dp right now what would it be, comment below and maybe we can help each other - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

If you could fix one problem from your dp right now what would it be, comment below and maybe we can help each other

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#13 Cali123

Cali123

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:12 PM

DP can come in many varieties. Do you mean physically disconnected from yourself? Because feeling out of body and physically disconnected are common symptoms however I don’t have those types of symptoms often mainly just numb emotions and fragmented thought process.

Yeah like I can feel things but there’s a slight off feeling like it’s not me even though it is lol but I just try to ignore it. I had those two symptoms in the first month but with the anxiety it turned into the disconnect feeling but I’m slowly getting better

#14 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:29 AM

Now I’m confused as to what I have. B/c I can connect with people and I have emotions, I just physically feel disconnected instead of mentally

damn dude i wish i could be like that, i say that not being in ur shoes.. but to be able to have good convos with people and be able to talk from my heart and be funny again.. like man, what is there to even trip about, if the world seems weird, idk man, i feel like id take that over not being able to connect with people, like dude, u can still b funny and get a girl, i just cant connect and im just awkward now cus i never know what to say, but i dont know what its like in ur shoes, but mine, id shoot myself, i got 3 years left of this bullshit, straight up, giving myself til im twenty six, 

lost train of thought..

anyways if i was u.. just live ur life man.. be happy u cant talk to people.. i think the more u live and be social, ull get out of ur state of mind or whatever ur having problems with

#15 Cali123

Cali123

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

damn dude i wish i could be like that, i say that not being in ur shoes.. but to be able to have good convos with people and be able to talk from my heart and be funny again.. like man, what is there to even trip about, if the world seems weird, idk man, i feel like id take that over not being able to connect with people, like dude, u can still b funny and get a girl, i just cant connect and im just awkward now cus i never know what to say, but i dont know what its like in ur shoes, but mine, id shoot myself, i got 3 years left of this bullshit, straight up, giving myself til im twenty six,
lost train of thought..
anyways if i was u.. just live ur life man.. be happy u cant talk to people.. i think the more u live and be social, ull get out of ur state of mind or whatever ur having problems with

Lol I’m a female. But yeah I understand what you mean. I try to continue to do what I did b4 this even happened. Like go out, I always travel school work etc. but honestly, even though this feeling is uncomfortable you gotta push yourself and find out what works and what doesn’t. Like you said “what is there to trip about?” I say that all the time? What am I tripping or getting anxious about when I wasn’t feeling this way months ago. My thinking was different and not like how it is now. The way I see it is Your alive, your young just like me, you have the ability to even think what is on your mind and type it out. You’re not brain dead. You can definitely get through this. What have you been trying to get you through this?

#16 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:36 PM

the reason that you do not have an identity is because your emotions are numbed. The reason that people without DP can connect with their identity, their family, and their homes is because of emotional responses and emotional memory. You and I have very similar symptoms. Seen people get their emotions and identity back. Trial and error.

well that was not the case for me. at my first episode, i could feel very strong emotions despite dont having a sense of self. i was being able to fall in love and feel pleasure from ie gambling or sex. and i had a very great interest for the other sex. very high libido. bur despite no sense of self.

#17 Findmywayhome

Findmywayhome

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:34 PM

well that was not the case for me. at my first episode, i could feel very strong emotions despite dont having a sense of self. i was being able to fall in love and feel pleasure from ie gambling or sex. and i had a very great interest for the other sex. very high libido. bur despite no sense of self.

I can relate to your first episode. I have an extremely fleeting sense of self yet I can still experience a wide range of emotions to a pretty considerable degree. Emotions certainly contribute to enforcing our identity but their are other factors at play it seems. I hope my ability to experience emotion can aid my recovery.

#18 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:25 PM

I can relate to your first episode. I have an extremely fleeting sense of self yet I can still experience a wide range of emotions to a pretty considerable degree. Emotions certainly contribute to enforcing our identity but their are other factors at play it seems. I hope my ability to experience emotion can aid my recovery.

youre ruminating too much man. that seems to be your only real struggle. if you can do anything and feel pleasure then why the fuck youre ruminating? hold on the pleasure because thats the only thing why people wants to live. thats the biggest thing in the life. to feel pleasure.

#19 Findmywayhome

Findmywayhome

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:42 PM

ha, I wish my rumination was my only problem. To think that all there is to life is pleasure is a very shallow, hedonistic way to look at the world. But frankly, I'm not surprised that you think that considering your gambling hobby. And it's not like the diversity of my emotional experiences are the same as before. I experience a lot more negative emotion than positive; hopelessness, anxiety, dread, existential terror. All that is left of my sense of self is my emotions, but what good are emotions when I don't even associate with the person that is experiencing them? What good are emotions when I feel like I have exited the human experience? But honestly man, you're right. In a weird way, shit isn't too bad. But what makes this bad is the fact that I am continuously getting worse with each new week, that's a big fucking problem. I guess If this was more stable I wouldn't be ruminating nearly as much, but im terrified for my future.

Ill take your advice, Im gonna try to stop obsessing over this, If im fucked im fucked right?

#20 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1309 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:52 PM

I would be free of the floaters.  No one will ever convince me that my floaters are not a symptom of some form of neurological damage.  i can see the damn things in the dark.  I understand they are physically harmless, but they

have a negative impact on my quality of life.

#21 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:13 PM

ha, I wish my rumination was my only problem. To think that all there is to life is pleasure is a very shallow, hedonistic way to look at the world. But frankly, I'm not surprised that you think that considering your gambling hobby. And it's not like the diversity of my emotional experiences are the same as before. I experience a lot more negative emotion than positive; hopelessness, anxiety, dread, existential terror. All that is left of my sense of self is my emotions, but what good are emotions when I don't even associate with the person that is experiencing them? What good are emotions when I feel like I have exited the human experience? But honestly man, you're right. In a weird way, shit isn't too bad. But what makes this bad is the fact that I am continuously getting worse with each new week, that's a big fucking problem. I guess If this was more stable I wouldn't be ruminating nearly as much, but im terrified for my future.

Ill take your advice, Im gonna try to stop obsessing over this, If im fucked im fucked right?

believe me, back in 2011 i was also 17 years old and i thought i was fucked. but the key for me to recover was to facing fears, learning how to cope panic attacks, and go out into the fucking world and live. if youre able to feel pleasure from eating something delicious or watching a nice movie or video games whatever, only fucking do them. to not feeling pleasure from anything is the key struggle for every dpdr-sufferer.

existential terror is nothing but thoughts. and the feeling of getting every week worse, is also a product of your rumination.

#22 Findmywayhome

Findmywayhome

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:12 PM

believe me, back in 2011 i was also 17 years old and i thought i was fucked. but the key for me to recover was to facing fears, learning how to cope panic attacks, and go out into the fucking world and live. if youre able to feel pleasure from eating something delicious or watching a nice movie or video games whatever, only fucking do them. to not feeling pleasure from anything is the key struggle for every dpdr-sufferer.

existential terror is nothing but thoughts. and the feeling of getting every week worse, is also a product of your rumination.

Lol. Trust me, im not imagining things, my dissociation nine weeks ago compared to now was basically nothing, though perhaps it has been slowing down somewhat. And of course my rumination contributes to it getting worse, but it certainly isn't the root cause, and it isn't entirely delusional. 

That being said, you have good advice, and I have been trying to implement it ever since this all started. For example today I went to an indoor skatepark, I guess it was fun, but this one brief moment I just completely forgot who the fuck I was, why am I in this body? who am I? Where am I? Am I even alive? Do I even like skateboarding? I just felt so gone, like I disappeared. As you may have read I am in a state of a nonstop battle in my mind where I am constantly debating, am I fucked? Or will I be okay? I've been pretty positive lately, but today I felt so fucking gone It literally felt like there was no "me" to even feel hope. It's feeling like I am slowly dying is what is terrifying me.

Anyways, I know your not here to listen to me whine and bitch. Im going to be honest, I have my suspicions about weed induced DPDR and emotional causes. You may know what I'm getting at, as your weed induced episode was more tolerable than your major depression and anxiety induced episode. I kind of feel like weed induced DPDR is less severe, which is why literally 90% of the recovery stories are from people who got DPDR from weed or other drugs. And seeing as though my DPDR was caused by an episode of depression and anxiety I find it hard to relate to their cases. But I could be wrong, I don't know. 

You say that facing your fears helped cured you. What exact fears? I have a lot of fears I guess, but I don't know where to start, and a lot of them are abstract and intangible; not the type that can be overcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users