If you could fix one problem from your dp right now what would it be, comment below and maybe we can help each other - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

If you could fix one problem from your dp right now what would it be, comment below and maybe we can help each other

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:53 PM

If I could fix one problem right now with my dp, it would def be my talking

i remember before dp, if someone talked to me, its like, i would feel something in my heart to say or something would pop up in my head and i would just say it

now when someone talks to me, i honestly, always, feel like saying nothing, like i have to force myself to talk, like always feel like saying nothing, dont feel anything in my heart to say, nothing pops up in my head

its almost like.. i cant focus on what they said to me maybe?

like maybe there talking but im just not comprehending, i dont know..

anyone know what im talking about? anyone gotten past this part?

anyways

whats ur number 1 problem ud like to fix, 

comment below and maybe i can help u out or others can to

interested in hearing what u guys well say

#2 mana_war

mana_war

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:34 PM

Yeah I had read that the pre-frontal cortex is responsible for that kind of communication/bonding that is an evolved part particularly in mammals and when that part is fucked, it affects communication processes. (Mammals evolved to recognize facial expressions and communicate within groups unlike other animals) I get what you mean. I've always been an introvert but this is different. It is like certain things are not processing and so no response is conjured.

I'd say emotional numbness + the tenseness I feel all over my body and bruxism while sleeping. It's like there is something that needs to be let out and when it does I'll be fine. Things will make sense. Suffering will end.

I had an episode a while back where I went to put out the trash, on my way back inside I felt bad, like my mid was just filled with this ominous bad feeling (i get paranoid as when these things happen i always feel it around my heart and I really hope the dp and bruxism don't have an affect on my heart , - anyway) before I got inside I just sat on a chair outside and the feeling just slowly crept up increasing, just tremendous physical pain (my intuition tells me this is what my body actually feels like without the usual numbness of dp) and suddenly my whole body out of nowhere got really really sick, I was in so much discomfort, I threw up from the pain, I sat and could barely move. Every movement hurt and my jaw was contracting non stop, I'm sure it was a discharge of tension, afterwards the world looked more clear...my skin was more feeling, I felt more calm. Idk but stuff like that give me my ideas of what dp is.

I sit here and wish for dp to leave but whenever a moment comes where I can feel it leaving and some reality seeps in, I'm overwhelmed and my mind instinctively blocks it again because surely your mind knows what you can  and cant handle.

Idk

#3 REB

REB

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

I could do without the debilitating cognitive impairment tbh ngl.

#4 Cali123

Cali123

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:52 AM

That detached feeling. Feeling more in my body and in control

#5 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:41 AM

Yeah I had read that the pre-frontal cortex is responsible for that kind of communication/bonding that is an evolved part particularly in mammals and when that part is fucked, it affects communication processes. (Mammals evolved to recognize facial expressions and communicate within groups unlike other animals) I get what you mean. I've always been an introvert but this is different. It is like certain things are not processing and so no response is conjured.

I'd say emotional numbness + the tenseness I feel all over my body and bruxism while sleeping. It's like there is something that needs to be let out and when it does I'll be fine. Things will make sense. Suffering will end.

I had an episode a while back where I went to put out the trash, on my way back inside I felt bad, like my mid was just filled with this ominous bad feeling (i get paranoid as when these things happen i always feel it around my heart and I really hope the dp and bruxism don't have an affect on my heart , - anyway) before I got inside I just sat on a chair outside and the feeling just slowly crept up increasing, just tremendous physical pain (my intuition tells me this is what my body actually feels like without the usual numbness of dp) and suddenly my whole body out of nowhere got really really sick, I was in so much discomfort, I threw up from the pain, I sat and could barely move. Every movement hurt and my jaw was contracting non stop, I'm sure it was a discharge of tension, afterwards the world looked more clear...my skin was more feeling, I felt more calm. Idk but stuff like that give me my ideas of what dp is.

I sit here and wish for dp to leave but whenever a moment comes where I can feel it leaving and some reality seeps in, I'm overwhelmed and my mind instinctively blocks it again because surely your mind knows what you can  and cant handle.

Idk

damn dude, yeah i wouldnt know what to do to help ur problem, i think the tenseness i would just work through it and just go throughout my day as if its not there or i dont feel it, maybe that could help, but idk

but that frontal cortex thing ur talking about how i cant communicate with people, what do i do to fix that.. or em i just fucked.. ive told doctors that ive felt like this, and ud thing maybe they would say something like ur saying but they just say they dont know lmao

i explained everything to a psych doctor and she told me she has no clue, and a day later i got a letter saying dont come back lmao

all that school for shit

idk man, what do u think would help that being fixed

#6 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:43 AM

damn dude, yeah i wouldnt know what to do to help ur problem, i think the tenseness i would just work through it and just go throughout my day as if its not there or i dont feel it, maybe that could help, but idk

but that frontal cortex thing ur talking about how i cant communicate with people, what do i do to fix that.. or em i just fucked.. ive told doctors that ive felt like this, and ud thing maybe they would say something like ur saying but they just say they dont know lmao

i explained everything to a psych doctor and she told me she has no clue, and a day later i got a letter saying dont come back lmao

all that school for shit

idk man, what do u think would help that being fixed

and honestly, if weed triggered me to not feel like communicating, cus thats been like a day 1 symtpom for 2 and a half years, if i cant take this shit, i might just binge smoke til my brain comes back to normal, idk, im already fucked, i could careless if i get even more fucked, i say this now, watch me smoke weed and become 1 of those crazy people who walk all over the street talking 2 themselfs, i feel god would like that :)

#7 FirstAid

FirstAid

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, Liverpool

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:56 AM

No identity/self, I thought having numbed emotions was bad until my brain decided to forget myself, Walking around with noone driving with no connection to anything and the world is the worst,your home isnt a home and your family just look like noone.
Really hoping I get out of this soon.

#8 inspiredpoet

inspiredpoet

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:50 AM

Feeling disconnected when I go out into the world. Like when I am in a shop and I don't feel like I'm in my body. And when I'm outside on a sunny day and feel like I could fall off the earth because I am so ungrounded. I just want to feel connected and not the floating/detached sensations. 

#9 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

No identity/self, I thought having numbed emotions was bad until my brain decided to forget myself, Walking around with noone driving with no connection to anything and the world is the worst,your home isnt a home and your family just look like noone.
Really hoping I get out of this soon.

the reason that you do not have an identity is because your emotions are numbed. The reason that people without DP can connect with their identity, their family, and their homes is because of emotional responses and emotional memory. You and I have very similar symptoms. Seen people get their emotions and identity back. Trial and error.

#10 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:59 PM

I'd have to put in for the severe cognitive impairment.  All these other issues stink to hell as well, but my number one fear with my state is being permanently institutionalized, or getting in trouble for unintentionally shoplifting, or having to deal with law enforcement in other ways with this condition, or getting shot by a cop because I'm so unaware of what's going on around me for some reason.  So if that problem went away, then at least I could be minimally function and survive on my own.  The emotional disconnect and everything else has to take a back seat.

But I do think that all the symptoms I have are intimately connected to one another, such that improvement or decline in one domain will result in improvement or decline in the other aspects of this illness.

#11 Cali123

Cali123

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:30 AM

the reason that you do not have an identity is because your emotions are numbed. The reason that people without DP can connect with their identity, their family, and their homes is because of emotional responses and emotional memory. You and I have very similar symptoms. Seen people get their emotions and identity back. Trial and error.

Now I’m confused as to what I have. B/c I can connect with people and I have emotions, I just physically feel disconnected instead of mentally

#12 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

Now I’m confused as to what I have. B/c I can connect with people and I have emotions, I just physically feel disconnected instead of mentally

DP can come in many varieties. Do you mean physically disconnected from yourself? Because feeling out of body and physically disconnected are common symptoms however I don’t have those types of symptoms often mainly just numb emotions and fragmented thought process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users