Depersonalization Support Forum banner

I have lost myself . anybody can relate ?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Psyborg 
#1 ·
I have somehow lost my personality . or at least I dont know if I have . I am not sure anymore what kind of person I am . I dont know if I am a good person or bad person . if I have bad intentions inside or not . if I love my family or not . I dont know what my beliefs are . what my opinions are . who the fuck am I ?

is that dp/dr ? or something else ? I have developed this since I stopped taking antidepressants cold turkey in the past especially after a panic attack

can anybody relate ? will I be ok ?

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
It is what we call "Depersonalization"
I was like you even worse I was even afraid that I might forget where I live and get lost and go crazy ....
It's so simple to get rid of it and it's so hard to do it
You just need to stop thinking about yourself and stop paying attention to DPDR
Instead you have to focus on things that you own even if you don't feel like they are yours
I couldn't even feel my own room it felt like it's an strange place
All you have to do is focus on things that you own
Like your favorite Singer, your family, your talent, your favorite places and many more
Contact with them make connection feel attach with them, it will take time
you'll be alright
Be strong don't let it to rule your mind

#3 ·
It is what we call "Depersonalization"
I was like you even worse I was even afraid that I might forget where I live and get lost and go crazy ....
It's so simple to get rid of it and it's so hard to do it
You just need to stop thinking about yourself and stop paying attention to DPDR
Instead you have to focus on things that you own even if you don't feel like they are yours
I couldn't even feel my own room it felt like it's an strange place
All you have to do is focus on things that you own
Like your favorite Singer, your family, your talent, your favorite places and many more
Contact with them make connection feel attach with them, it will take time
you'll be alright
Be strong don't let it to rule your mind
thanks for your post !

I also had the feeling I am going crazy often

I also had weird thoughts and ocd (still sometimes) regarding my family . that was what hit me the most

and the memory problems I have . I always say to my siblings (sometimes jokingly) "I dont remember you guys anymore . I dont know if I love you"

it hurts

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
loss of self, or a switch in your sense of self and identity crisis/existential crisis.

Different consiousness... Its what I have. Sorry you are dealing with this shit. Mine was induced by a combination of psychdrug withdrawal and weed..
mine was also induced by stopping medication (too abruptly)

I also was drinking alcohol and smoking weed (only once while on meds) while on medication

that I feel distant/alienated about my family members is what bothers me the most

#12 ·
mine was also induced by stopping medication (too abruptly)

I also was drinking alcohol and smoking weed (only once while on meds) while on medication

that I feel distant/alienated about my family members is what bothers me the most
How long are you off and how long do you have this?
I got this also after withdrawal from mirtazapine.
I cant go back on it because It dont works

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.