What if god controls our minds - Page 2 - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

What if god controls our minds

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#13 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:22 PM

I’m not sure all that happens is I feel more anxious thinking I’m a robot and have no control it’s a pretty awful feeling.

breh u got to get that thought out of ur head, and if u r a 'robot' then so be it, cant change anything about it

and if God does control u, then u still cant do anything about it, finding out isnt gonna do anything, ur life is still gonna be the same

thats all im saying

#14 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for the replies

So how can I shift this idea that god is controlling my thoughts, sitting filtering into my head and me effectively being a rebot or puppet on a strings? And how do I trust free will?

Even if we control thoughts there may be no free will. It’s all very confusing and makes me feel awful and anxious

#15 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

I have been trying to forget these thoughts not done anymore googling but the thoughts linger “god controlling thoughts and free will” similar to solipsism and it’s an existence based worry.

How can I shift it? The thing is all these worries whether its contamination or existence they are pretty awful they feel awful and make me feel bad whatever the thought it just feels bad.

The issue with the god thing is I become obsessed with the mind and where thoughts come from and free will and it lingers at the back of my head? Guess it’s because I have an ocd condition? I mean I guess we would all ask these questions surely though I have found solipsism was asked more than the god controlling us thoughts.

So can anybody give me any advice as it feels pretty awful having these thoughts ?

#16 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

I have been trying to forget these thoughts not done anymore googling but the thoughts linger “god controlling thoughts and free will” similar to solipsism and it’s an existence based worry.

How can I shift it? The thing is all these worries whether its contamination or existence they are pretty awful they feel awful and make me feel bad whatever the thought it just feels bad.

The issue with the god thing is I become obsessed with the mind and where thoughts come from and free will and it lingers at the back of my head? Guess it’s because I have an ocd condition? I mean I guess we would all ask these questions surely though I have found solipsism was asked more than the god controlling us thoughts.

So can anybody give me any advice as it feels pretty awful having these thoughts ?

you just have to accept that god doesnt control your thoughts . these worries and thoughts you have come from anxiety and maybe ocd . nobody is controling your thoughts . go for a jog you will feel better 

#17 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

you just have to accept that god doesnt control your thoughts . these worries and thoughts you have come from anxiety and maybe ocd . nobody is controling your thoughts . go for a jog you will feel better

Thanks I am really struggling with it as it’s another worry nobody can prove my mind makes all this seem real it’s awful thinking this way will I ever feel well again?

#18 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:46 PM

Thanks I am really struggling with it as it’s another worry nobody can prove my mind makes all this seem real it’s awful thinking this way will I ever feel well again?

yes of course you will be fine again

you have to work on your perception . you feel shit because you made up a theory and believe in it . if you would believe that a certain type of bread would be toxic you would not eat it even though it is not toxic and if you would eat it you would feel as if you are dying and would feel ill even though ....it is not toxic 

you are not a robot and neither does god control your thoughts .  

everytime you get these thoughts just think about me and what I said and trust in what I said and label it as nonsense and dont be scared of it 

if you knew what kind of thoughts I had and sometimes still have you would say "what the fuck" ....I know very well how you feel

#19 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:23 PM

btw. another thing I would like to add :

you should wish that god controls your thoughts . god wants the best for you . and he will guide those to the right path who he wants to 

you dont need to be afraid that god controls your mind . if god did that life would be easy peasy because you would automatically do only things that are good for you

but god gave you a free will . so use your free will to become a good human being 

I am saying these things but I have anxiety myself and also have weird thoughts . just know you are not alone . we are here on this site for a reason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users