What if god controls our minds - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

What if god controls our minds

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

Lately ive had a thought like what if god controls our minds and we are all robots? A bit like free will ect but only worse he controls everything you think? Is this possible or far fetched?

It’s a bit similar to existence/solipsism that sort of theme I have had. But you can’t think what you will think next so I wonder if god controls what goes in?

#2 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

Do you really want to discus this topic like philosophers? Because we can. But from what I gather most people on this forum bring up these topics because their obsessions drive them to or they are freaked out by these ideas. If that's the case with you, then we need to figure out some kind of manual distraction or something to keep your mind off these things.

#3 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

Do you really want to discus this topic like philosophers? Because we can. But from what I gather most people on this forum bring up these topics because their obsessions drive them to or they are freaked out by these ideas. If that's the case with you, then we need to figure out some kind of manual distraction or something to keep your mind off these things.

Yes I agree it’s better to keep my mind off these things but the anxiety pops up now and again and I get to questions existence based but I believe it can be part of DP too.

#4 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:48 PM

god does control your mind.  He does it through evangelical preachers like Billy Graham, Pat Robertson, Jimmy Swaggart, Jerry Falwell, et al.

Or, I should say they control your mind through god. They don't actually believe any of that nonsense themselves. They just use it to maneuver

the faithful.

#5 NomdeGuerra

NomdeGuerra

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

God don’t exist.

#6 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:29 AM

u think god can control 9 billion people, i mean he can if he wanted cus hes GOD, but i think he lets u be ur own person, i do think he makes everything happen for a reason u know

but yeah i think ur ur own person and god lets u decide but i also think he puts obstacles infront of u for reasons 

it is weird, i do have my doubts about God sometimes, like y do people die so young, get cancer, yada yada, also like y am i fucked up in the head

but its weird, when i pray about some1 other then myself, it sometimes tends to work.. like most the time ill pray for all the cancer patients to be healed and everyone with dp to get thru this and for myself to beat dp,

i mean that prayer isnt just gonna help every1, but maybe it helps a few people, who knows, but never me haha

but what i was getting to

i found this dog running around my neighborhood and it had a collar, it was a big bulldog, like those legit bulldogs with long legs, when i pulled up next to it in my car and open my door, i legit thought it was gonna bite my face off, but i stuck my hand out and it licked it and literally 4 seconds later the fucking 100 pound bulldog jumps in my car, im like o fuck

but it was so damn friendly

anyways, the collar didnt have any numbers on it or anything or even a name, just a collar, anyways, my dad said u dont bring that thing home, so i was like alright, instead of just dumping it i got a leash and started walking it around, hopefully some1 would notice and get there dog, i let the dog pull me to see if it would go home, but about a mile later the dog looked at my as if it didnt kno were the fuck it was at, then started humping my leg and i thought o im fucked, this dog is gonna kill me lmao, but i calmly pushed it off and we were good again haha, anyways about another mile of walking, i was gonna do 1 more big lap around my block, i just prayed real quick, i said God, please if ur out there, please let me find this dogs owner, then i kept walking, anyways im walking a half mile later and theres this dude in his driveway face away from me on his phone, i was gonna walk over there and ask him if he knew this dog, well he turned around and was like, is that bruiser? and i was like ahh i guess it is haha

well it was his as he was super siked he got his dog back, so God kinda answered my prayer

another 1, ill make it quick, about a week after i found that dog, i watched a video and it was giving useful things to homeless people, and this dude gave this guy long johns and some socks and the homeless dude was super siked cus he said it was super cold and that would really help

so i bought some long johns and some thick socks

went to my mcdonalds in the hood were i usually see homeless people, but before this, i prayed to God that please let me find someone who will need these clothes and itll keep them warm, well pulled up to the mcdonalds, no homeless people, so i kinda circled around and saw this 1 guy on a corner just waving to random people, i was like alright this guy might b homeless, get out my car n walk over to him, he keeps waving at people, and im thinking ah shit this dude is probly crazy, anyways 1 of the coolest people ive ever met, anyways when i walked up to him he thought i was his son, but then he said his son is 6'3 and im like 5'10 if im lucky haha but anyways, 1 of the first things the dude said to me was, man its really cold outside, idk if thats his usual homeless act for me to feel bad or whatever, i dont feel like it was, but i was like perfect, God answered me, i wanted to give these clothes to someone who needed them and the first thing he said was man its really cold out here,

and i asked, r u staying out here tonight? and he was like, yeah i think so haha, but anyways we talked football for a second, his son actually played against my rival high school so that was cool, gonna check his big ass out next year, but anyways, gave the dude the clothes and he was super apperciated

just glad some1 could use them,

i just thought it was ironic that i prayed god please let me give these clothes to someone who could really use them and the first thing the guy said was man its really cold out here

so yeah i kinda believe in a god

or i do

i feel like im going thru this dp for some bad things ive done bad in the day, idk if thats just my guilt or im just going thru dp just cus

idk

but end of story, i think u r who u r, u r ur own person, god will put obstacles in ur path, but u r ur own person, 

thats what i think

#7 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:44 AM

nah

#8 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

What can I do to feel better and not believe my brain is pre programmed by a god?

#9 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:46 PM

God don’t exist.

God does exist

I dont want to start a discussion about it .....just wanted to post to show that I disagree with you

and @OP : god doesnt control your thoughts . humans have a free will

#10 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

What can I do to feel better and not believe my brain is pre programmed by a god?

Ok, now we are getting to the meat of your post.

The first thing I have to ask is: do you think answering that question in the negative is going to make you feel better? I think the problem is that the DP, or perhaps your obsessive nature, is making you think this way. No amount of evidence or argument or reassurance will be enough.

Here's an experiment: do you own any jigsaw puzzles? If so, take one out and spend a few hours or so trying to focus on nothing but the puzzle in front of you. See if that helps you feel better (at least while you are doing it), and come back here and let us know the results.

#11 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:23 AM

Lately ive had a thought like what if god controls our minds and we are all robots? A bit like free will ect but only worse he controls everything you think? Is this possible or far fetched?

It’s a bit similar to existence/solipsism that sort of theme I have had. But you can’t think what you will think next so I wonder if god controls what goes in?

And in what way would this change your life?

#12 Phil10

Phil10

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:33 AM

And in what way would this change your life?

I’m not sure all that happens is I feel more anxious thinking I’m a robot and have no control it’s a pretty awful feeling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users