anybody have any positives from dp? - Page 2 - The Bright Side - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

anybody have any positives from dp?

18 replies to this topic

#13 Mere-Observer

Mere-Observer

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationON, CANADA

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:08 PM

The life game becomes so obvious to you. I don't think any teacher, religion, philosopher could change your views on life as much as DPDR does. 

#14 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

The life game becomes so obvious to you. I don't think any teacher, religion, philosopher could change your views on life as much as DPDR does. 

We become Realists...

Not Pessimists and Not Optimists...

REALISTS....This is actually the best way to deal with anxiety and depression....Look at the world as it exactly is...Full of bad but full of good too...

This is how we create boundaries and protect ourselves but yet can still enjoy the world...

#15 Mere-Observer

Mere-Observer

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationON, CANADA

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

We become Realists...

Not Pessimists and Not Optimists...

REALISTS....This is actually the best way to deal with anxiety and depression....Look at the world as it exactly is...Full of bad but full of good too...

This is how we create boundaries and protect ourselves but yet can still enjoy the world...

Couldn't have said it any better. That is exactly how one should approach life. 

#16 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:51 PM

Well, I could say that I like how I became a more analytical, rational, and realistic person. I'm sure it played a part in shaping my personality, but I can't say how much and how I would be if it hadn't afflicted me, though. That's the only good thing I can come up with, thinking of it as a major determinant of my personality—in a positive sense, that is. 

#17 kylekatarn

kylekatarn

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:02 PM

It's given me better anxiety coping mechanisms and made me feel like I can handle anything (with a few exceptions.)

This is of course my impression after climbing out of the hole.

When you're in it there's not much to appreciate because it's so dark, abstract, and terrifying. 

#18 ali3n

ali3n

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 81 posts
  • Location🇲🇽

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:59 PM

THIS

#19 Recoveryispossible

Recoveryispossible

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:02 AM

Hello everyone,

I would like to share my story and how I completely recovered. It started because of marijuana and periods of extreme stress. But mainly because of the marijuana. I thought i was completely fucked and could never have a normal life again, but here i am writing this story and tbh I laugh about it today. My dp started in 2016 and lasted for about a year and a half. The first step i took is that i stopped coming to these forums. These forums are TOXICCC!!! Moving on, one of the best steps i took was that i started exercising. All you need is mild exercise, just to get the blood flowing and bringing the body back to homeostasis. My turning point was when i started meditating, 10-15 minutes of mindful meditation. From that point onwards my mind automatically stopped dwelling on the idea of dp and I slowly stopped being aware of it. As time went by I completely started forgetting about it. At first i thought about it for a few times a day, as time went by i started feeling very normal and came back in the daily routine of my life. And here i am today, completely dp free, i dont even know why it came across my mind today. Anyways, all i would suggest is that stop thinking about your symptoms, stop searching about them, just know that anything and everything you are feeling and thinking about is because your brain is tired and needs rest and rebalance. The more you dwell on it and come to these forums, the more you’ll make yourself aware about it. Force yourself to live a normal life and slowly your mind will get accustomed to it. And, I promise you it will go away and you’ll laugh about it like me. Cheers and love. Stay happy and healthy.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users