Starting tDCS (trans-cranial direct current stiumlation) progress thread - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Starting tDCS (trans-cranial direct current stiumlation) progress thread

tDCS Brain stimulation Depersonalization Depression Anxiety

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ishmael35

Ishmael35

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:19 PM

Hello all,

I thought I would start a thread on my experimentation with tDCS because I have seen very few posts about it on here. For those who don't know, tDCS is a non-invasive brain stimulation therapy that runs a direct current from a positive electrode (anode) to a negative electrode (cathode), at a low strength, usually 2mpA. You can buy these devices online, but none that are commercially available are FDA approved, but it's the same basic design as in clinically controlled studies.

Anyway, there are different montages (placement of electrodes on head), and I just started with a depression one for 20 min.

So far, no major noticeable cognitive difference. Perhaps a little more grounded in reality, but thoughts feel a little slowed down.

I will try and keep updating this, and if anyone wants to know more of the theory behind this I will expound. It's somewhat similar to rTMS but weaker.

To all you fighters out there,
Ryan

#2 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:21 AM

Are you talking about a fisher Wallace stimulator or CES Ultra? Because that’s different than tDCS which I don’t think Is available to buy online.

#3 Ishmael35

Ishmael35

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:52 AM

No this is actual tDCS. You can buy ones to do to yourself online, like The Brain Stimulator, Apex, etc. Unlike fisher wallace, ces ultra, etc., these aren't FDA-cleared.

#4 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:05 PM

I see. Good luck, and keep us updated I would love to hear how it goes.

#5 Ishmael35

Ishmael35

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:35 PM

So today, I decided to switch the order of electrodes (anode on right DLPFC and cathode on left subraorbital region), because I am left handed and there is some research that shows lefties process their "approach" emotions in their right hemispheres.

https://www.psycholo...-handers-brains

I immediately felt a hige wave of emotion wash over me, mostly sadness, but at least it was sole feeling. I feel overall a little better today. Going to try this montage again and see what happens

#6 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:57 PM

Good luck. Keep updated please.

I’m actually left handed as well so that is interesting!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tDCS, Brain stimulation, Depersonalization, Depression, Anxiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users