Fluoxetine (aka Prozac): Helpful, Bad or Neutral - DPSelfhelp.com Member Polls - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Fluoxetine (aka Prozac): Helpful, Bad or Neutral

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Fluoxetine (aka Prozac): Helpful, Bad or Neutral (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Was this drug Helpful, Bad or Neutral for you?

1. It was helpful to me so I might recommend it. (4 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. It was bad for me so I won't recommend it. (8 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. It was neutral for me and didn't have much good or bad effects. (6 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Did you experience any difficult withdrawal symptoms?

1. Yes, I experienced some difficult withdrawal symptoms. (6 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No, I didn't experience any difficult withdrawal symptoms. (12 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Abe89

Abe89

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:12 AM

Fluoxetine (aka Prozac) is a very commonly used anti-depressant. This poll will be useful to document people's individual experiences with Fluoxetine.

#2 time2wakeup

time2wakeup

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 11:13 PM

bump

#3 Psyborg

Psyborg

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:38 PM

I took prozac for a year or so . it didnt do anything for my dp ...and I felt weird on it 

when I quit prozac after 3 months being off of it I suffered a horrific panic attack which made my dp worse and I even became psychotic for a while 

right now I am on effexor (again) and it feels better . me personally I dont recommend prozac but different meds work for different people ....maybe it will help you but for me it is certain that I will never take prozac again

#4 TarreyTown

TarreyTown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:54 AM

Been on it for years, not sure of any difference it makes but the withdrawal isn’t pretty so I’ve just decided to stay on at this point.

#5 Broken

Broken

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 754 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:26 AM

I was on prozac about 6 months. Felt nothing from it and it made me whacky when I was drunk lol. I have tried many drugs and the ones that helped the most were effexor and Imipramine (both increase serotonin and norepinephrine). And CBD helps as well. I think being able to relax enough to get into a deep sleep is a vital part for my DP and anyone with DP who has sleep issues (imipramine helps with this). And fluoxetine didn't affect appetite, sleep or mood for me

#6 James_80

James_80

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:25 PM

Fluoxetine takes a long long time to work. 8 weeks to notice positive changes and 12 - 16 + weeks to feel full benefit. It was the only antidepressant that has helped my depression. It gave me insomnia though and wasn't so great for anxiety. Slight reduction in anxiety as long as I stayed completely off caffeine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users