Fully recovered with medicine. Please read - Page 2 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Fully recovered with medicine. Please read

Recovered medicine medicinal psychiatrist

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#13 Moongirl

Moongirl

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:07 PM

sorry block text, find it hard to read.

you are on;

2.5 mg of abilify
10 mg of lexapro I
0.125 mg of Clonazepam twice a day?

#14 Moongirl

Moongirl

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:08 PM

Yes but it’s been a couple months now and I am now just taking the clonazepam once a day

#15 Moongirl

Moongirl

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:08 PM

Moongirl, when you said everything looked brighter did brighter settings cause that dp feeling? When the sunshine into a room through a window, or looking up at the bright blue sky , all bright sunlight can cause a complete dreamlike feeling... dis u feel this? It's been lingering with me for a while. Mostly that derealized dreamlike feel.

#16 Moongirl

Moongirl

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:10 PM

Yes! That is the one thing that still lingers with me. When I am in a setting with really bright fluorescent lights and am in close proximity to other people like for instance in restaurants I start to have that detached feeling but it fades away whenever I get in a different setting

#17 Moongirl

Moongirl

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:10 PM

Another +1 for Atypical / SSRI combo.... It works wonders for me too...

Im so glad you are feeling better Moongirl........

Just be very careful if you decide to come off the meds...Very very slowly and very very steadily...

But my advice when it comes to this horrible condition is if you find something that works stick with it...

The truth is different people experience different results with meds when it comes to treating DP especially...Meds are not for everyone but when they do work they can be life saving....They definitely were life saving and still are in my own case....

#18 Moongirl

Moongirl

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

Thank you and yes I am so thankful this combo worked for me! I’m not planning on coming off them anytime soon but if I do for some reason eventually I’ll keep your words in mind. I agree about the life saving comment, don’t know what I would have done without them

#19 Moongirl

Moongirl

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:12 PM

Congrats! Glad you found something that worked for you and thank you for coming back tot share your story

Weird that combo works although in the uk I would struggle to get an antipsychotic I think.

I have been on Imipramine for almost 4 weeks now and am starting to feel it is helping. Strange that it obviously acts on serotonin and also norepinephrine, but it is also blocks D2 receptors similar to antipsychotics. Will update my progress on the thread I started, but just wanted to add that as the SSRI/Atypical antipsychotic combo seems to have worked for many as have clomipramine/imipramine

#20 Moongirl

Moongirl

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:13 PM

Glad you are feeling better and hope you reach full recovery soon! And yes it seems this combo is very helpful for some, but sadly not for some others :(

#21 Moongirl

Moongirl

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:14 PM

What’s your Instagram?

#22 Moongirl

Moongirl

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:14 PM

@LunaLedlow

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Recovered, medicine, medicinal, psychiatrist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users