Question: How does depressive episodes feel physically? - Mental & Physical Health - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Question: How does depressive episodes feel physically?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Abe89

Abe89

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka

Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:03 AM

I was wondering how other people feel physically when they know they are having a depressive episode?

By depressive episodes I meant someone entering into a circle of negative thoughts and being unable to get out of that circle of negative thoughts for some amount of time.

#2 Abe89

Abe89

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka

Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:10 AM

When I'm having a depression, I feel as if the energy in my head is suddenly turned off (just like someone turning off the lights of a room).

I also feel a mild chilliness and sometimes a shudder runs through my spine.

Other:

I also have a desire to sit in the floor and weep. (But I've never been able to cry since a very long time).

I also feel a strong desire to break things around me to get rid of the frustration I feel. (This I also never do)

#3 lolwhat

lolwhat

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:33 AM

Yes. Very Low brain activation. All brain parts seem to function completely seperate and not in an integrative Fashion.

For me personally I feel Like I can't use my brain or it doesn't make sense to use it because there's just no activation.

#4 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1233 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

Not being able to sleep for weeks on end takes a physical and mental toll.  Not being able to eat due to heavy anxiety causes 15% loss of body mass over 6 months. I'm typically unable to

exert myself to the point of perspiration for about a year.  Normally, I run, swim,lift weights and play racquetball at the open level.  That is just a subset of the physical.  The mental is a whole

nuther ball game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users