How do people manage to live with DP/DR? - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

How do people manage to live with DP/DR?

dp dr anxiety depression

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#13 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:10 PM

Hey guys this is exactly what I am talking about. Like I will see a email I am meant to reply to and I just am that slow cognitively, that I just overlook it. I don't mean to....it just happens. I feel for everyone of you I really do as this has brought me to my knees and I sometimes think I will never get up but then I realise that I have felt better before and nothing lasts forever so I hold on. There is no easy way out I know that for sure.

Don't ever give up guys....don't see DP/DR as an enemy as then its stronger in your mind then and you will notice it more.....somehow, someway we have to carry on alongside it. I swear that is the key to getting rid of it as I had it twice before this and I carried on working and doing stuff and it went away within a week.

I had the same issue when i was working. I struggled to read the email in the first placeX. Then, after maybe 4 times going over it, I just couldn't think of what I was supposed to do with the information. And much similar stuff. Have no idea how ineven kept that job as I barely did anything. I think they felt sorry for me. Anyways, I realized I couldn't put up with work anymore. Just ask emotional distance is unfair in trying to have a romantic relationship, it's unfair to some company that they should pay me for doing practically nothing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dp, dr, anxiety, depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users