Solipsism-Type Derealization OCD (kinda suicidal ngl) - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Solipsism-Type Derealization OCD (kinda suicidal ngl)

solipsism derealization ocd depression suicide reality derealisation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KingKibble

KingKibble

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:58 PM

Whelp. I've been suffering with this for about four-five months now. I never thought it would go on this long honestly. I have a doctors appointment on October 3rd to see if I can get a psychiatrist and hopefully get some sort of medication. Yay.

Oof, so into the actual post

For the entirety of this experience iv'e been really hyper-aware, also trying to predict whats going to happen (and being right) and stressing out about predicting something or hearing words at the same time I think them. So now I've gotten inetto the habit of overthinking everything about reality itself to the point where I don't even feel real. 

Essentially it all feels like this dream I can't wake up from and I hate it. No one around me feels real. Not my family, not my friends, not my pets, and now, not even me.

One of the things that's really scary for me is the fact that there are literally people out there who have suffered for this for literally 10 years and are just then getting better, some not even. I don't want to live the rest of my teens years feeling like this and then looking back when I'm 30 and just being depressed at all the time I wasted on this.

Even then, it feels like I'll never get older, like I'm stuck in Hell. 

Sometimes I think I'm in Hell and my life is just on a loop.

God I want to die so bad but I just can't bring myself to do it, because every time I think about it I have the tiniest twinge of hope that maybe, just maybe all of this is real.

I just feel so numb. I used to have panic attacks every time I thought of it, but now I feel nothing. I'm just so tired. I know I'm scared and sad but I don't feel it. I don't feel anything and I hate it.

Maybe if I die it will all end.

Or maybe it will just happen all over again.

I've started cutting my arms and legs because of how impulsive I get to hurt someone. Of course I wouldn't ever hurt anybody, but it feels like I would and then I get these weird dissociating moments when I do cut and then I just feel sick.

I feel so fake now like I'm not even real and I'm just some conscious controlling a body and telling it what to feel. Even writing my feelings down like this feels fake. Like I'm writing for someone else and have a perfectly normal life. I just feel like I'm not me. Whatever that means.

~KingKibble

(oh, and don't worry. I'm probably not going to kill myself because of how much of a pussy I am.)

#2 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:10 PM

Sounds pretty typical and I can certainly relate. I’ve had most all of these feelings. I know how awful they can be. It might take a couple years but you will get better. I did. You can and will too. It just takes time. It feels like you won’t but it’s an illusion.

Never understood cutting oneself, I’ve heard tons of testimony (non-DP related) from people who self-harm and never understood it. Guess I should be glad of that.

If I may ask, how did this start for you?

#3 KingKibble

KingKibble

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:36 AM

Sounds pretty typical and I can certainly relate. I’ve had most all of these feelings. I know how awful they can be. It might take a couple years but you will get better. I did. You can and will too. It just takes time. It feels like you won’t but it’s an illusion.

Never understood cutting oneself, I’ve heard tons of testimony (non-DP related) from people who self-harm and never understood it. Guess I should be glad of that.

If I may ask, how did this start for you?

So this is gonna be a little like, vague but honest to God it's hard to remember anything past 2 months ago.

I'm not %100 sure this is how it happened but I'm pretty sure this is how it happened.

Back in April, I was watching someone do a playthrough of a game that dealed a lot with DR. It made me think about how maybe nothing is real and then it just kinda spiraled from there. I've had occurrences with OCD in the past (one bout lasted about two years when I was younger) and so my brain was like like "oH lOOk aNOtHeR tHinG tO oBSeSS OVeR"

so yeah, that's pretty much how I remember it happening

I also had this feeling of being fake too back in April (around when this started) but that literally went away in a day.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solipsism, derealization, ocd, depression, suicide, reality, derealisation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users