need recovery people advice - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

need recovery people advice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fel49

fel49

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:35 AM

Hello guys,

I know there is some recovery topics here. But I would like to have specific advices. If overcome guys are here please can you give me some advices.

From what I have heard many said live your life, no dp forums anymore, no therapies (make confusion and think how you feel so DP) like meditation,no videos  just live and enjoy your life and it will disappear gradually..

But on the other hand some said go to see a therapist for traumas, need to talk... So it make me confuse.

What could be the best. No therapy, close my past and live and enjoy life fully (with moderation no drugs..) or do therapies (EMDR, hypnose..)

Many said that the pill do not exist it is all in our mind. No medication works?

There is few books or programs regarding DP? I would like to know if DPmanual, Harris Harrigton program are really good ? 

If we could summary all DP programs, videos advices, recovery topics from this forum or google or videos and do a package I think we will have the cure :)

For what I have learn and I know we all are different but same advices come back. The only thing that make me feel better is the book at last a life from Paul David and the Holy Grail of DP.

Thanks a lot 

Felix 

#2 Chiara699

Chiara699

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:36 AM

Hi Felix. I’m not yet 100% recovered but I feel so much better than some months ago. I can tell you what is working for me.

Medication: SSRIs didn’t really do anything for me, they actually made it worse, and coming off of them was something that made me feel much less dull. However, I’m taking an antipsychotic (Zyprexa) that made me feel so much better in just a few days. It really took the edge off the DP and gave me the strength I needed to go out there and live

Therapy: I found a therapist that is really helpful. She is helping me understand what was giving me anxiety in my life and how to cope better with life stress. So yeah, I’d recommend therapy because it’s really making me understand what I was doing wrong before dp started.

Books: a book that I would recommend is ‘at last a life’, by Paul David. I don’t know about any of the programs you mentioned, sorry.

One thing that really helps me is to take it easy. Learning to live with DP and accept it is crucial to recovery. You don’t have to live to get rid of DP but live in spite of DP, and the more you do the more it will subside, slowly but surely.

#3 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 September 2018 - 12:20 AM

+1 on Low dose Atypical Anti Psychotic....They can work really well for lots of people when other meds like SSRIs fail....

I also totally agree that if you learn to accept DP as part of you instead of trying to fight it off every minute of every day it helps to ease the suffering that it brings..

We MUST reduce the stress levels in all areas of our lives to improve...

Toxic people places and things are to be avoided at all costs....Whether its bad relationships, work stress, Drugs or alcohol etc etc etc....It all needs to be avoided....You have got to start living a cleaner healthier less stressful life in general to keep this nasty condition at bay....

#4 fel49

fel49

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:57 AM

Thks guys for your answers 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users